Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a Chieftain with a 12 inch Indian windshield. My Arai helmet is comfortable and I have Uclear pro with speakers installed. The first time I rode the noise was painful until I stopped at a hardware store and purchased some cheap foam plugs. They were great but I could not hear my Uclear phone or music. I have been using Earpeace first with red filters and now with the black filters. Noise is better, but still not what I want. I can hear the Uclear but can't hear anyone speaking to me. Anyone try any other options? I was looking at Eargasm but have not tried them yet. Thanks for the input. Maybe the answer is a different helmet?

·
Rider
1,493 Posts
No help here, I wear a Daytona Carbon Fiber Half and use cheap, generic ear plugs like these:

I cut the stems off so you really can't tell I'm wearing them at all. I listen to the stock speakers and hear everything fine, even at highway speeds (85-95 mph).

BD

Reactions: TNTPilot96

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used the eargasms on my long distance road trip. Helped a ton! Yes noise level us decreased but I could still hear my music on my pac talk and talking to someone beside me was doable as long as the bike wasn't on. There were times I'd forget to put them on and I'd ride to my next fill up. I'd regret that as my ears would soon start ringing. I just purchased a new set for my girl for our upcoming road trip. Read the reviews on Amazon to get other peoples opinions. I myself like them and will be using them in the future.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
4,751 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,308 Posts
here's a vote for ear peace. disclosure: I bought these for spin class where they crank the music to ridiculous dB. I use the standard filter and the music sounds clear and I can hear spoken language as well as the instructor over the music. I have not ridden with them but believe they will perform well with my new power band audio. if they can handle spin class and provide clarity, they should work on the scoot. also, I wear a half helmet for context. good luck.

·
Gold member
6,463 Posts
I ride a Chieftain with a 12 inch Indian windshield. My Arai helmet is comfortable and I have Uclear pro with speakers installed. The first time I rode the noise was painful until I stopped at a hardware store and purchased some cheap foam plugs. They were great but I could not hear my Uclear phone or music. I have been using Earpeace first with red filters and now with the black filters. Noise is better, but still not what I want. I can hear the Uclear but can't hear anyone speaking to me. Anyone try any other options? I was looking at Eargasm but have not tried them yet. Thanks for the input. Maybe the answer is a different helmet?
Walgreens or almost any drug store,there’s a product with 3 valves work really well, they’re called Earplanes. Try em.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I used the foam squashy ones for many years but they would hurt my ears after an hour or so. Two years ago I gave in and got some moulded to my ears by an earplug lady. They have been great and the cost (about $40) has been spread over a lot of distance down the road. I can talk OK if I'm off the bike and close to the other person. I don't have music going when I'm riding but I think they would be OK if I had helmet speakers, although they can be made with speakers built in.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mufflers, pipes, music, ?? whats bothering you?
I think it is mostly wind noise from the helmet. I have been told to modify the skirt. I have filled the gaps around the speakers with foam. That helped alot along with the earpeace. Just wondering if there is a better solution. I may need a different helmet shape. Earplugs seem like a cheaper option.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the LEXIN 1PC Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet headset kit up to 6 Riders. Purchased on amazon and the regular foam earplugs I can hear it all without any issues.

Reactions: TNTPilot96

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just got hearing aids after riding season. I have no idea what to expect with helmet / glasses fit , music and wind with half helmet. May just do as you say and leave em at home.
You will find that it’s no big deal, mine are behind the ear and they are normally on when on the bike except on long rides. If I’m riding with my buddy and the sena’s are paired up, I do not ware them because the speaker for sena is directly at your ear and the hearing aids mic are behind the ear making it totally worthless. 1/2 shell myself when I ware it “not a lot”.
Your get use to them.

·
Bronze member
1,594 Posts
I have, like many of us might, a shelf full of different foam earplugs and a few fancier ones like Eargasms. My go-to over time, considering fit, comfort, cost and convenience, has been these 3M E-A-Rsoft plugs, and the little connector cord is handy or can be cut-off if you want. They squish down and expand very nicely, better than others I’ve tried, and cheap-o me usually saves up 6-8 pairs of my used ones and hand wash them with some Dawn and they’re like new.
Yellow Technology Electronic device Rope

1 - 20 of 25 Posts