Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Do you wear ear plugs on rides

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a constant ringing in my ears from years of riding without ear plugs and listening to loud music. I have a hard time hearing conversation when there is ambient noise. I wear ear plugs now on long rides and highway trips to keep my tinnitus and hearing loss from getting worse. When I do ride without plugs, I notice the ringing is much more intense for several hours after my ride. I can't regain the hearing I've lost, but I can do the best to maintain what I still have.
I voted in the category of sometimes wearing earplugs but I wear them more often than not. If you add the sometimes and always categories, we are around 73%. I was actually surprised that the majority of respondents wear ear plugs at least some of the time. I assumed I was in the minority on this.
Of course, I respect everyone's decision and don't care if you wear ear plugs, protective gear, helmets, seat belts etc... I think we should all have the freedom to do whatever we want as long as we aren't stepping on someone else's rights. Laws that protect you from yourself should be abolished in my opinion.

·
Registered
2021 Scout Sixty
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I have a constant ringing in my ears from years of riding without ear plugs and listening to loud music. I have a hard time hearing conversation when there is ambient noise. I wear ear plugs now on long rides and highway trips to keep my tinnitus and hearing loss from getting worse. When I do ride without plugs, I notice the ringing is much more intense for several hours after my ride. I can't regain the hearing I've lost, but I can do the best to maintain what I still have.
I voted in the category of sometimes wearing earplugs but I wear them more often than not. If you add the sometimes and always categories, we are around 73%. I was actually surprised that the majority of respondents wear ear plugs at least some of the time. I assumed I was in the minority on this.
Of course, I respect everyone's decision and don't care if you wear ear plugs, protective gear, helmets, seat belts etc... I think we should all have the freedom to do whatever we want as long as we aren't stepping on someone else's rights. Laws that protect you from yourself should be abolished in my opinion.
“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”

― Ronald Reagan

61 - 65 of 65 Posts