Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
This would be nice. While I am expecting to purchase Lloyd's flash, this would be a better investment as you can store your flash and reapply if you had to go back to stock for any reason or added an unexpected performance part and needed to remap.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
I've like many others have been waiting for this as well. Although, I hope they make sure they get all of the bugs out of it before releasing them for sale. The Dynojet PCV I had on my 2020 Challenger Limited was the root of all evil that caused my bike engine to die/shut off amost systematically. It had cause me months of issues, and polaris thousands of dollars in parts and labor until I finally just removed it and the dieing issues went away immediately.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Anyone else see this on their IG page? Seems like they might be close to an actual tuner, not just PC5.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
AUTOTUNE?? Isn’t this attached to Power Commander?
This does not look like the Power Vision which I would prefer.
Unless it’s a new product for the Challenger type of ECM

·
Bronze member
4,300 Posts
AUTOTUNE?? Isn’t this attached to Power Commander?
This does not look like the Power Vision which I would prefer.
Unless it’s a new product for the Challenger type of ECM

If you look at the picture caption, it says Re-flashing in Progress which means they are flashing the ECU like a PVCX/PV3. The Challenger will most likely have its own proprietary flash device (something not called a PV3/PVCX but another name maybe) since the ECU is a completely more complicated unit.

Don't overthink the hardware you see. Because the first have to prove the concept of being able to flash, then develop a end user hardware device. So the hardware hooked to the bike, is what they have to communicate and is not a end user finished product.

And yes it is a flash unit confirmed by Dynojet

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,416 Posts
Very excited for this! I've been so close to doing Lloyds but don't want to have to ship my ecu everytime it needs an update.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,391 Posts
Six horsepower and twelve foot pounds of torque gained. Pretty sweet!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I commented on the video and they said that it was a full factory Stage 2 bike. Now I'm a bit disappointed. My Freedom 106 was 111/112 at the wheel with a fairly mild cam, Loydz intake, stock head pipe, Atom bomb recored mufflers, timing wheel, and PC-V.

And one of the magazines (I can't remember which) showed 107.6hp/113.3tq on a bone stock bike.

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
The gains don't seem overly "aggressive here. I'm happy with the Lloydz CRT tune.....right now......and will most likely keep what I have until there are a collection of proven power mods from the aftermarket (cams, heads, supercharger, tune, airbox, etc.) that I can buy and install as a package.........and do it once......and be done!! Who the FARK am I kiddin; us power guys never have enough sense to leave our bikes alone....even though they run and perform fine....for a full size bagger!!!!! Like one rider said, might have been Baron, PI did a pretty good job in wringing out as much power/torque from this engine in stock, EPA approved configuration. Methinks that if you really want to bump the power on these bikes, you need to almost break them down and start from scratch. At that point, the economics and reliability factors may not be worth it. I'm 99% happy with my current configuration.....and reliability!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder if it will smooth things out and add the drivability that everyone raves about with Lloydz. Along with upping the MPH. Either way, this would seem to be a huge step forward for the aftermarket performance parts for us.

Hope to see it in the King of the Baggers also.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Mt buddy lives around the corner from DynhoJet in Vegas. Additionally, he is a long time customer of theirs. He was in the shop a month ago, and was told don't hold your breath on the Power Vision.

·
Bronze member
4,300 Posts
Mt buddy lives around the corner from DynhoJet in Vegas. Additionally, he is a long time customer of theirs. He was in the shop a month ago, and was told don't hold your breath on the Power Vision.

Looks like your buddy was misinformed as the Power Vision is coming soon for the Challenger per Dynojet

·
Bronze member
4,300 Posts
The gains don't seem overly "aggressive here. I'm happy with the Lloydz CRT tune.....right now......and will most likely keep what I have until there are a collection of proven power mods from the aftermarket (cams, heads, supercharger, tune, airbox, etc.) that I can buy and install as a package.........and do it once......and be done!! Who the FARK am I kiddin; us power guys never have enough sense to leave our bikes alone....even though they run and perform fine....for a full size bagger!!!!! Like one rider said, might have been Baron, PI did a pretty good job in wringing out as much power/torque from this engine in stock, EPA approved configuration. Methinks that if you really want to bump the power on these bikes, you need to almost break them down and start from scratch. At that point, the economics and reliability factors may not be worth it. I'm 99% happy with my current configuration.....and reliability!!!

The Indian stage 2 cams are very anemic for the Challenger, the stock tune on the Challenger with stage 2 only gives you 10% HP and 3% torque increase. And the Dynojet numbers are above that so it more the cams. Now lloydz supposedly is going to release cams for the Challenger at Sturgis

1 - 20 of 25 Posts