Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Guys these ecu flashes are a hit or miss.. in most cases noted their flash addressed most issues most of us have been experiencing since day one. I was going to get the Lloydz but came across Dynojet's version which at the time was cheaper and included shipping to and from their lab. Dynojet has also been a pioneer and leader in the performance tuning space. At some point or another we have all purchased tuners from them for other bikes we had in the past. Lloydz is also a great option and they stand behind their product. At this point it is a coin toss. (maybe a slight lean towards DJ) but in the end, 98% of you will be glad you got one. My DJ tune has completely transformed my bike. It is a lot more fun to ride now. Smoother, pulls harder, and no throttle lag.. Don't care about it also eliminating the speed limiter as I rarely go over 110 mph.. no need for that anymore.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Guys these ecu flashes are a hit or miss.. in most cases noted their flash addressed most issues most of us have been experiencing since day one. I was going to get the Lloydz but came across Dynojet's version which at the time was cheaper and included shipping to and from their lab. Dynojet has also been a pioneer and leader in the performance tuning space. At some point or another we have all purchased tuners from them for other bikes we had in the past. Lloydz is also a great option and they stand behind their product. At this point it is a coin toss. (maybe a slight lean towards DJ) but in the end, 98% of you will be glad you got one. My DJ tune has completely transformed my bike. It is a lot more fun to ride now. Smoother, pulls harder, and no throttle lag.. Don't care about it also eliminating the speed limiter as I rarely go over 110 mph.. no need for that anymore.
I might not ever go above 110 either but I just like knowing that I am not limited. I did have my Scout up to 115 once so who knows? I just like all the features.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just received my ECU back from DJ and this is part of the email notification. Not sure that I read that before.

To accommodate those customers that may need to make additional component changes in search of more power and performance to optimize their vehicles for the ultimate ride, we have recently also added an ongoing update service that provides for 3 future reflash updates for a cost of $199.99 via our p/n 29-BFUP. If you need any additional information or have any questions please let us know. Thank you for being a valued Dynojet customer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just received my ECU back from DJ and this is part of the email notification. Not sure that I read that before.

we have recently also added an ongoing update service that provides for 3 future reflash updates for a cost of $199.99 via our p/n 29-BFUP.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Has that changed? I thought any re-flashes were free less the shipping cost?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm gonna throw this out there, so you can make your own decisions. I just caught word that Indian is planning a new software update for the ECU that will address customers complaints about the stock tune. Soon, like should be withing the next few months. So if you want factory support vs aftermarket, shouldn't have to wait too long to see what they come up with.

·
Bronze member
5,127 Posts
I'm gonna throw this out there, so you can make your own decisions. I just caught word that Indian is planning a new software update for the ECU that will address customers complaints about the stock tune. Soon, like should be withing the next few months. So if you want factory support vs aftermarket, shouldn't have to wait too long to see what they come up with.

The Scout and FTR guys also got factory updated tunes and the bikes still ran like crap. The bottom line, an EPA tune is a crappy tune is a crappy tune is crappy. Aftermarket tunes for rideability and performance not EPA

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
OMG....the factory tune on the 1997 Suzuki TL1000S makes the Indian tunes seem perfect!!! Maybe 4 "crappyies" worth!!!

Reactions: Baron58

·
Registered
497 Posts
Got the Dynojet reflashed ECM back last Sat.Runs stronger and much better throttle control at low speeds.The other morning was going down a local hiway and got wheel spin in 3rd,must admit the TC acts very quickly and smoothly.Both my butt dyno and throttle hand confirm this was money well spent.
After going thru this with my FTR also I wonder if Polaris is ever going to figure out driveability on their newer platforms.

·
Bronze member
5,127 Posts
Got the Dynojet reflashed ECM back last Sat.Runs stronger and much better throttle control at low speeds.The other morning was going down a local hiway and got wheel spin in 3rd,must admit the TC acts very quickly and smoothly.Both my butt dyno and throttle hand confirm this was money well spent.
After going thru this with my FTR also I wonder if Polaris is ever going to figure out driveability on their newer platforms.

Seems like they have issues tuning dual throttle bodies. (FTR and Challenger)

·
Registered
697 Posts
As mentioned before the DJ tune did not stop my irritating jerky throttle response. But I have been able to reset this by going through that on /off routine. The problem is that it lasts for a 3 or 4 weeks and then starts doing it again. My bike ran very smooth from the factory. It was much smoother than the one I test road. The DJ tune did not improve on that. In fact it may be just a little less smooth at low RPM. Just as smooth after 2500 rpm and it does seam to pull stronger but is that psychological because it is suppose to pull stronger. I don't know. I never ride it hard but now that I have this tune, I want to test out the new performance so I am constantly on it wanting to go faster. I only have about 140 miles on the tune and then it got too cold to ride so not sure if it will smooth out or not. Will find out at bike week. I will know if the tune took if the fan comes on before 212 degrees. I assume that it took because I think it runs different.
Now if people start reporting that the new Indian tune cures the throttle response issue I will probably that tune. But I want to fully test this tune first. Now that I have not ridden for a few weeks I can't wait to get back out their and ride.

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
@Mgg ....sounds like you need to completely perform the throttle adaption procedure, if you have not. Also it has been well proven the possibility of the throttle bodies are NOT synchronized, not mount of flashing or tuning will provide a remedy. Feel free to call my shop 954-455-9665 .

RACNRAY

Reactions: graemeblore

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,433 Posts
I hate to say this but throttle by wire hasn't been an advancement over the old throttle cable. I miss having the direct linear input to my engine. Maybe I'm just getting old but in some ways old school was better in my opinion.

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
I hate to say this but throttle by wire hasn't been an advancement over the old throttle cable. I miss having the direct linear input to my engine. Maybe I'm just getting old but in some ways old school was better in my opinion.
I did ALOT of fiddling with the RBW tables thru the PVCX on my Chieftain, and was very pleased. But it took ALOT of werk and trial and error. But I agree cable systems do have an advantage with their more inherent connection.

The D/J flash is more linear in it's lower rpm/throttle position than the lloyds tune.

RACNRAY

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
507 Posts
Newer is not necessarily better. Vinyl records sound so much better than a CD disc.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,813 Posts
You have to have the throttle by wire to support all the new "features" like the traction control, lean angle stuff, etc. That allows the computer to compensate the throttle to get you out of the situation that it thinks you're in.

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
Here is a dyno graph showing b4 and after the D/J flash and the results.. NOT on a D/J dyno but performed by a reputable dyno operator. Good results.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
RACNRAY
Is this on a bone stock bike or does it have other mods?
Pipes?
S1 air?
S2 cams?

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
Copied off his post..exhaust info is mixed up so I am gonna ask him to clarify.

" I have the Indian stage 1 air filter with the Tabs 2:1 cat delete and 2:1 Tabs exhaust with Zombie baffles."

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
A post was made on aF/B Challenger page about the lloyds tune, and I responded with my experience in comparing it to the D/J tune and here are Amanda's responces.....

We will say Racin Ray appears to be a paid endorser for Dyno Jet or hates Lloyd Greer pretty bad. Either way we suggest everyone do your due diligence and choose the flash that works best for you Both are the same price btw. Either flash will make your bike kickass, so enjoy the Challenger

Then mine...

I get NOTHING from D/J nor do I HATE lloyd. U'all dn't like that fact someone of my professionalism and 45+ YEARS of experience offers options to your stuff. And IF in my testing of the 2 flashes the lloyds tune proved to be better then I would relay that info. I have in the past made positive comments about the lloyds flash, but someone now has a better mousetrap. DEAL WITH IT!!! OH...and BTW, the D/J flash is $50.00 cheaper, so refrain from making false claims of my relationship to D/J, just makes you look bad.

hers...

you seem awfully angry.

mine...

When false claims are made of me you better bet I will come back. Just make a comparison in that ALL of my responses to this subject make NO mention of anything personal towards lloyd nor make assumptions of any kind. I present facts which is quite the opposite of what has been said by you. My motive is to enlighten and educate, quite the opposite of you previous posts.

Real class act she is....

RACNRAY

201 - 220 of 237 Posts