Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Early joiner
86 Posts
Yes I was thinking the same thing and I just got mine back and put it in the bike. Glad it was just a technical thing. I didn't want to have to do it all over again. For me it was harder to get back in than it was to pull out. Now I really can't wait to go on a trip down south. Or get some Indian Summer (pun intended).
Hope it’s all good! Can’t wait to ride it with the improvements. I could have lived with it the way it was, but after all I’ve read here with either flash, I’m hoping its even better. Thanks and take care.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nobody is perfect, so come back to reality. But its funny how other's can talk bad about llyodzs and the 15 bikes with spark knock out of over 1600 in a yr and are praising dj and its supiourity according to them. Well its been less than a month and already a screw up. Atleast with llyodzs flash at the dealer the problem would have been rectified on the spot. Just because its cheaper doesn't mean its better. You get what you pay for.

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
I just got the info from D/J, the technician that performed the flash made a mistake, D/J said it was an easy fix but the customer did not want to work with D/J. His choice but this is just one out of MANY flashes they have done with nothing but praise. The flash IS a bag of chips and then some, from my personal experience in comparing it to the lloyds tune. At first I was NOT able to fully enjoy and exploit the lloyds tune due to the horrible spark knock but once I was informed of a reflash again at my expense sent it back as did many others had to. I no doubt enjoyed the reflash but am happy I spent the $$$$$ to make the comparison.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
302 Posts
View attachment 659080 looks like dj isn't all that and a bag of chip's
Nobody is perfect, so come back to reality. But its funny how other's can talk bad about llyodzs and the 15 bikes with spark knock out of over 1600 in a yr and are praising dj and its supiourity according to them. Well its been less than a month and already a screw up. Atleast with llyodzs flash at the dealer the problem would have been rectified on the spot. Just because its cheaper doesn't mean its better. You get what you pay for.
let’s see. Both Lloydx and dynajet charge the same $499. Based on you comment they’re both crap based on pricing. Also lloydz is not available onsite for the majority of the states. So again the mail in program is the only option.
Also there are instances where Indian has reflashed bikes and they have issues. Flashing the ecu generally has no problems. To date only hearing about one instance on the Dynajet tune where they offered to reinstall. Are you aware of how many lloydz have had to be reflashed? How about providing with factual numbers on both as you must have better information than the rest of us based on your post.

·
Registered
181 Posts
let’s see. Both Lloydx and dynajet charge the same $499. Based on you comment they’re both crap based on pricing. Also lloydz is not available onsite for the majority of the states. So again the mail in program is the only option.
Also there are instances where Indian has reflashed bikes and they have issues. Flashing the ecu generally has no problems. To date only hearing about one instance on the Dynajet tune where they offered to reinstall. Are you aware of how many lloydz have had to be reflashed? How about providing with factual numbers on both as you must have better information than the rest of us based on your post.
16 have been reflashed out of over 1700 done. Thats less than 1% from llyodzs

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
There were complaints of spark knock with the lloyds flash within the first 3 months, and recently lloyds invited anyone with flashes done from March thru May or June to send their ECU's back for the re-flash.

Troll somewhere else, in comparison I have noted the benefits of the lloyds flash, even stated I had no major complaints with it, and noted the advantages the D/J flash offered. You on the other hand are just attacking from a one sided viewpoint... trash the D/J flash in anyway you can and invent, or bring no help whatsoever to this thread.

You joined 2 mnths ago and are obviously a lloyds fan and customer. Did I hit the nail right on the head!!!

RACNRAY

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
181 Posts
There were complaints of spark knock with the lloyds flash within the first 3 months, and recently lloyds invited anyone with flashes done from March thru May or June to send their ECU's back for the re-flash.

Troll somewhere else, in comparison I have noted the benefits of the lloyds flash, even stated I had no major complaints with it, and noted the advantages the D/J flash offered. You on the other hand are just attacking from a one sided viewpoint... trash the D/J flash in anyway you can and invent, or bring no help whatsoever to this thread.

RACNRAY
Spoken like a true dynojet paid spokesperson. 👏👏👏

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
Your statement is NOT based on facts and there was no truth in your statement, just your bigoted opinion, and just maybe since your posts are so one sided YOU may be getting your palm greased. Mine is NOT.

Still funny.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your statement is NOT based on facts and there was no truth in your statement, just your bigoted opinion, and just maybe since your posts are so one sided YOU may be getting your palm greased. Mine is NOT.

Still funny.

RACNRAY
Did you promote llyodzs after you got your flash? 20,30,40 posts? Seems you have some clouded vision. My info maybe one sided, but so is yours. Have you talked to llyodzs and gotten the true number? The truth will come out eventually. Think what you want, try to push the dj tune to the moon if you want. Its your dog and pony show so run it as you see fit as the ringmaster.

·
Bronze member
1,778 Posts
Yikes; we need to let this cool down a little here on Thanksgiving eve!! For pete's sake or should I say for ray's and drag's sake, can we at least be thankful for open and FAIR dialogue and recognize that everyone is human.....even the guys at Lloydz and DJ?!!??! Last I checked, nothing or no one is perfect!! Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Challenger owners and riders!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my DJ tune done and haven’t had any issues. As for Lloyds I can’t say yea or nay as I’ve never done their flash. Did DJ tune the ECU wrong? Maybe. Did they correct the problem? Has Lloyds had a 100% success rate with all their tunes without a screw up? All I’m saying is we take this chance with ANYTHING we have someone else tune or repair. Good lord!

·
Bronze member
1,948 Posts
I copied and pasted from a Challenger F/B page, I cannot verify this as I see nothing on their site.

"DynoJet’s Black Friday sale starts tomorrow & the Challenger Bench Flash is $50 off ($449). Not sure when the sale ends, I think on Friday."

"the price is already on the DJ website and a buddy called DJ to confirm the sale starts tomorrow."

181 - 200 of 237 Posts