Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Indian Challenger
47 Posts
I wonder what this means for the power vision flash that was supposedly coming.

·
Bronze member
2,235 Posts
This tells me that they are having a hard time for some reason doing a firmware upgrade of the current PV-3, so they are offering a flash service. At least they have finally broken the Challenger code, which means they should be able to tackle the new '22 Chief soon, as well. Rather have a PV-3, though. Hopefully that is still coming.

·
Premium Member
2021 Indian Challenger Limited (Ruby Metallic)
32 Posts
Wonder how this compares to the Lloyds tune?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price does include shipping both ways according to the Q&A..

• Increased top speed
  • Optimized fueling
  • Lower fan engagement temps
  • Raised rev limit (optional)
  • Better drivability

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,556 Posts
Hmmm... I'm considering this...

·
Registered
2020 Challenger...Sandstone Smoke
563 Posts
It's great to see another option but it would still sit in the back of my mind that if for some reason my dealer hooked up and re-flashed back to stock I'd have to start all over again. I think I'll just wait and see it they eventually come out with a PV3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Another plus for the Dynojet tune will be that in the event your dealer has to re-flash your ECU, you’ll only have to to pay for shipping there and back.

Dynojet
Pros:
  • $100.00 cheaper shipping included
  • Shipping costs only if re-flash is needed
Cons:
- New. No reviews to help with choice.

Lloyd’z
Pros:
  • Been available for awhile with most liking the results.
  • Available at some RTCs
Cons:
  • $599.00 plus shipping to/from.
  • $200.00 re-flash cost plus shipping to/from.
  • Some had problems with original tune. They had to have an updated re-flash. Supposedly fixed now. Not sure what it cost them for the re-flash.

·
Bronze member
4,669 Posts
Another plus for the Dynojet tune will be that in the event your dealer has to re-flash your ECU, you’ll only have to to pay for shipping there and back.

Dynojet
Pros:
  • $100.00 cheaper shipping included
  • Shipping costs only if re-flash is needed
Cons:
- New. No reviews to help with choice.

Lloyd’z
Pros:
  • Been available for awhile with most liking the results.
  • Available at some RTCs
Cons:
  • $599.00 plus shipping to/from.
  • $200.00 re-flash cost plus shipping to/from.
  • Some had problems with original tune. They had to have an updated re-flash. Supposedly fixed now. Not sure what it cost them for the re-flash.

Someone here on this forum who I won't name unless they want it to be known, has compared both Dynojet and Lloydz flash back to back, they actually have 2 ECU's so they were able to do some good comparisons, the early results wee that the Dynojet flash, the bike ran much smoother, but other than that, they were very similar. So seems pretty clear on the winner her...LOL

Some other things to consider, Lloydz has had to re-flash a bunch of many customers bikes here because the tune was causing detonation in many bikes, including several here. Aslo starting to see more complaints crop up on Facebook.

The Lloyds's tune is much more expensive.

Dynojet has had a re-flash in testing for a very long time, I first heard about in almost 2 years ago. And Dynojet has been doing this and developing tech long before Lloydz was around.

Dynojet, said this ECU is very difficult to get a PV3 to work for due to its complexity and new design. This is pretty true with most newer ECU's today

The good news is Lloydz is no longer exclusive and there is a more economical option, and you get free re-flashes if something happens at the dealer, no BS

Hopefully this will force Lloydz to lower the cost to be more reasonable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be getting the dynojet flash on my challenger, just need to work around work trips and bike trips...Should have sent it on Monday!

·
Bronze member
2,973 Posts
I wonder what this means for the power vision flash that was supposedly coming.
I suspect DynoJet’s flash for the Challenger is the product they’re going with for the PP108 and they’re done trying to develop a PV3 for this engine. The Challenger was released in the last quarter of 2019, so DynoJet had the last two years to develop a tuner, and we’ve seen nothing. It seems the complexities of the ECM have defeated the engineering staff.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This tells me that they are having a hard time for some reason doing a firmware upgrade of the current PV-3, so they are offering a flash service. At least they have finally broken the Challenger code, which means they should be able to tackle the new '22 Chief soon, as well. Rather have a PV-3, though. Hopefully that is still coming.
I'm not super familiar with aftermarket tuning. When you guys say PV-3 it seems like that's some kind of plug n play tune right? Like you could remove it, bring the bike back broken like I don't know what happened?

·
Bronze member
2,973 Posts
I'm not super familiar with aftermarket tuning. When you guys say PV-3 it seems like that's some kind of plug n play tune right? Like you could remove it, bring the bike back broken like I don't know what happened?
The DynoJet PV3 plugs into the port on your bike where the dealer would plug in the Indian Computer (Digital Wrench). This allows a dyno tuner to make a tune specific for your bike. Or, you can use a PV3 to load a “canned” map into your bike, which would be similar to the DynoJet Bench Flash or the Lloydz CRT-V1 Challenger Flash. Once the PV3 has loaded a map into the bike, it can be removed. Basically the PV3 gives access to the bike’s Electronic Control Module (the brains of the bike). There are other things the PV3 can do if the user has the expertise.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The DynoJet PV3 plugs into the port on your bike where the dealer would plug in the Indian Computer (Digital Wrench). This allows a dyno tuner to make a tune specific for your bike. Or, you can use a PV3 to load a “canned” map into your bike, which would be similar to the DynoJet Bench Flash or the Lloydz CRT-V1 Challenger Flash. Once the PV3 has loaded a map into the bike, it can be removed. Basically the PV3 gives access to the bike’s Electronic Control Module (the brains of the bike). There are other things the PV3 can do if the user has the expertise.
So I've had a power commander before on a bike, those are called a PVC or something like that right?

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is great news. I was just about to pull my ecu and send to Lloydz.

Question:

If you were going to upgrade your intake to the hiflow, would you out hiflow as the option?

I may end up riding a bit without because of the shortage of intakes.

·
Bronze member
4,669 Posts
So I've had a power commander before on a bike, those are called a PVC or something like that right?

The power commander is a piggy back unit that adjusts fuel and some models, spark. The PV3 reprograms the ECU so that no piggy back device is needed, the PV3 is the programmer for the ECY and technically not a tuner

·
Bronze member
4,669 Posts
This is great news. I was just about to pull my ecu and send to Lloydz.

Question:

If you were going to upgrade your intake to the hiflow, would you out hiflow as the option?

I may end up riding a bit without because of the shortage of intakes.

Its already been pretty well established the Indian stage 1 Intake is al looks and no air, makes zero difference.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just pulled the trigger, I selected High flow as I'll be putting in a K&N and that is probably providing more air flow than the stage 1 kit. Will wait for the emails and whatever they send and pull the unit out of the bike this weekend. seems like a pretty good deal with Shipping etc. included and re-flashing free with just shipping required in the future.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts