Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get my 2017 Springfield Dynoed? I have stage 1 pipes, stage 2 cams and perf air flow. It has a lot more torque but it's backfiring what I believe to be too much and something seems off. Took it back in and they said there was an updated flash which should fix but I don't think it did. Seems better though. Anyway having your bike dyno tuned would ultimately make it run run better, right?

Thanks for the feedback fellas and ladies.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are other options available. Many are going with the PVCX from DynoJet. Cost around the same as a dyno tune. You can get a canned tune matched to your performance upgrades.
You can research more about it here.......
Thunder Stroke 111 Performance & Suspension
I can get Dan's V-Twin to do a Dyno or stay local and get Danny from Gaston Cycle Works to do the PVCX. May opt for the later and get Danny to do it, everyone I have spoken to says they are good. Might save a dollar. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,906 Posts
Anyone know where I can get my 2017 Springfield Dynoed? I have stage 1 pipes, stage 2 cams and perf air flow. It has a lot more torque but it's backfiring what I believe to be too much and something seems off. Took it back in and they said there was an updated flash which should fix but I don't think it did. Seems better though. Anyway having your bike dyno tuned would ultimately make it run run better, right?

Thanks for the feedback fellas and ladies.
And you've confirmed no exhaust leaks correct? It doesn't take much to cause a bit of what I call gurgling and backfiring.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
As @ndncowboy said, check for exhaust leaks. Especially around head gaskets. I would check around the overlap of the stage 1 pipes as well. If it is sucking in air into the exhaust, you will get a backfire. I had a crack in an exhaust header once (on a Vic 106), that was a b!tch to find but was causing a backfire.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
I can get Dan's V-Twin to do a Dyno or stay local and get Danny from Gaston Cycle Works to do the PVCX. May opt for the later and get Danny to do it, everyone I have spoken to says they are good. Might save a dollar. Thanks for the feedback.
You talking about Dan's V-Twin in Greensboro NC? I hope not. Dan passed away a couple years ago

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And you've confirmed no exhaust leaks correct? It doesn't take much to cause a bit of what I call gurgling and backfiring.
The other thing that has been happening is if I rev it quickly it sounds like it chokes itself and stalls. Has stalled 8 times and this is just quickly revving it, no clutch. Anyway I haven't confirmed anything yet. Just took it to the dealer this past Friday and I was sure they wouldn't have any problems but it stalled on him when he was going to drive it in. Never been so happy to see it goof but they see something is off. They replaced the spark plug wires to see if it fixes anything. Don't believe it will but I will mention what you guys said about the backfiring the next time I'm in. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,906 Posts
The other thing that has been happening is if I rev it quickly it sounds like it chokes itself and stalls. Has stalled 8 times and this is just quickly revving it, no clutch. Anyway I haven't confirmed anything yet. Just took it to the dealer this past Friday and I was sure they wouldn't have any problems but it stalled on him when he was going to drive it in. Never been so happy to see it goof but they see something is off. They replaced the spark plug wires to see if it fixes anything. Don't believe it will but I will mention what you guys said about the backfiring the next time I'm in. Thanks for the feedback.
Well good luck with your dealer. I think I would have tried to work with Fuelmoto first. I haven't done it yet but it's my understanding you can get a log of what's happening and you can then make changes to your tune to correct issues. I don't know exactly how that works but I'm getting close to taking a guy up that has offered to work with me on just this kind of thing. Kinda long distance Dyno tuning. I have an exhaust leak that I just haven't had time to correct. These mornings are my only free time and can't do much in these hours.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
Did you take it to Indian Charlotte? Those guys are one of the few who know what they're doing. If they can't figure it out, nobody can.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you take it to Indian Charlotte? Those guys are one of the few who know what they're doing. If they can't figure it out, nobody can.
That's who I have working on it. Ritchie will get me taken care of. I think before I do any Fuelmoto or dyno I want to see if they can figure it out. Keep you posted if anything is found.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well good luck with your dealer. I think I would have tried to work with Fuelmoto first. I haven't done it yet but it's my understanding you can get a log of what's happening and you can then make changes to your tune to correct issues. I don't know exactly how that works but I'm getting close to taking a guy up that has offered to work with me on just this kind of thing. Kinda long distance Dyno tuning. I have an exhaust leak that I just haven't had time to correct. These mornings are my only free time and can't do much in these hours.
Hey Cowboy. If you do the Fuelmoto let me know how everything turns out. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts