Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rider
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a top dyno tune shop near Houston? I have PVCX and 2018 Chieftain Classic, Stage II, Id like to have done.

·
Registered
2016 Indian Chieftain
44 Posts
Anyone recommend a top dyno tune shop near Houston? I have PVCX and 2018 Chieftain Classic, Stage II, Id like to have done.
I need the same. Did you ever find anyone near Houston?

·
Rider
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need the same. Did you ever find anyone near Houston?
Nope. Not I do know the Harley shop in college Station does great dynos bit don’t know if they do Indians!! I bought a PVCX and had it remotely tuned!

·
Registered
13 Posts
TX Steve - Did you ever get a good tune for your bike? I got Stage II installed a few months ago, and my tune is driving me crazy. I went remote tune (thru FM), the tune is great for all RPM ranges except for around 1800-2300 - the bike just jerks/lurches at that RPM. I'm on my 4th tune from them. I'm also in TX and was looking for someone local. Curious who you went with. Thanks!

·
Rider
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TX Steve - Did you ever get a good tune for your bike? I got Stage II installed a few months ago, and my tune is driving me crazy. I went remote tune (thru FM), the tune is great for all RPM ranges except for around 1800-2300 - the bike just jerks/lurches at that RPM. I'm on my 4th tune from them. I'm also in TX and was looking for someone local. Curious who you went with. Thanks!
Interesting mine does the same thing at same rpms. I had craig at fuel moto due a custom tune and we could not get that fixed. But I loaded the original indian sage 2 tune and it does it too, not as bad but sill does it. I had the dealer replace some carburetor parts under warranty and it helps a little bit still remains. You learn to get good with the clutch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting mine does the same thing at same rpms. I had craig at fuel moto due a custom tune and we could not get that fixed. But I loaded the original indian sage 2 tune and it does it too, not as bad but sill does it. I had the dealer replace some carburetor parts under warranty and it helps a little bit still remains. You learn to get good with the clutch
Yeah I was afraid it was just an inherent characteristic of the cams. Out of curiosity, what cams are you running? I have the Lloyd’z 558. I can increase the RPM to get out of the jerking, but it’s still annoying as hell when I’m just cruising around hill country!
I’m seriously considering going back to stock cams. My bike ran fantastic with @CraigB1960 Stage 1 tune. Ugh...

·
Rider
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting mine does the same thing at same rpms. I had craig at fuel moto due a custom tune and we could not get that fixed. But I loaded the original indian sage 2 tune and it does it too, not as bad but sill does it. I had the dealer replace some carburetor parts under
Yeah I was afraid it was just an inherent characteristic of the cams. Out of curiosity, what cams are you running? I have the Lloyd’z 558. I can increase the RPM to get out of the jerking, but it’s still annoying as hell when I’m just cruising around hill country!
I’m seriously considering going back to stock cams. My bike ran fantastic with Craig’s Stage 1 tune. Ugh...
its not bad here on flat land but when I go to Colorado etc and must stay around that rpm for mountain curves etc it’s a *****! I have the Indian stage 2 cams

Reactions: ibmiked

·
Registered
2016 Indian Chieftain
44 Posts
No sorry to say I have not found anyone. Strange that no one in this forum knows a Houston area tuner.I have a FM tune as well with Stage 2 . same issue as everyone else. Not as smooth as I would like but its a runner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No sorry to say I have not found anyone. Strange that no one in this forum knows a Houston area tuner.I have a FM tune as well with Stage 2 . same issue as everyone else. Not as smooth as I would like but its a runner.
Yeah, I agree. The bike rips with the cams and FM tune - it's just that "touring" RPM range that's annoying as heck. As for a local tune, have you checked this place out: Victory ECU Tuning - Noemtz.com Waller, Texas 77484? Looks like he tunes for Lloyd'z....

·
Rider
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill give him a call. dont know if works with PVCX but we shall see. thanks

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,677 Posts
I'd hate to say the stage 2 cams will be a bit jerky in about the 2000 rpm range. If I'm putting around town and holding in that rpm range the jerkiness is pretty common. Just got around it by keeping the rpms above 2300 when putting around to keep the bike running smooth. On the interstate I have no issue at all, it is just around town. Dean

·
Rider
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the reply from the Houston Indian Tuner company
So the PVCX is old technology and not sure if even produced any longer. Bring it and bike and drop it off and we can try and get you properly tuned. That said, I am more confident that if you upgraded to the PV3 and it properly tuned that you will be much happier as well as the bike. That is assuming you do not have any underlying mechanical issues. We stock the PV3 at $399 and the tuning services are full tuning services is $600

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is the reply from the Houston Indian Tuner company
So the PVCX is old technology and not sure if even produced any longer. Bring it and bike and drop it off and we can try and get you properly tuned. That said, I am more confident that if you upgraded to the PV3 and it properly tuned that you will be much happier as well as the bike. That is assuming you do not have any underlying mechanical issues. We stock the PV3 at $399 and the tuning services are full tuning services is $600
Damn, that's quite a bit of coin if you have to buy a new PowerVision. Even then, from what I've been reading, you may still have the same jerkiness at low rev range with the PV3 and his tune. I may just stick with what I have and suck it up for now - I have a bunch of tunes (Indian SG2, DynoJet, and Fuel Moto (x2)) to see if I can get somewhere close. I've got some touring coming up so I'll see how bad it is - for communing it sucks. If I'm still annoyed, I'll pull the cams. Not worth the extra power if I'm annoyed by drivability...I value the latter much more on a touring bike.

·
Rider
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn, that's quite a bit of coin if you have to buy a new PowerVision. Even then, from what I've been reading, you may still have the same jerkiness at low rev range with the PV3 and his tune. I may just stick with what I have and suck it up for now - I have a bunch of tunes (Indian SG2, DynoJet, and Fuel Moto (x2)) to see if I can get somewhere close. I've got some touring coming up so I'll see how bad it is - for communing it sucks. If I'm still annoyed, I'll pull the cams. Not worth the extra power if I'm annoyed by drivability...I value the latter much more on a touring bike.
Agree

1 - 14 of 14 Posts