Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the Scout seat, but I worry that the lighter tan color leather might be too much of a contrast with the black. The only Scout I've seen in person is the red. Now when my bike comes in I may love it with the tan seat. I may love the contrast of light seat to dark bike color.

But let's say I want a darker seat, say more of a mid to dark brown. Is there a way to dye the seat? Is it advisable? Does the dye rub off on your pants?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I think someone posted the results of dying a seat and I think there is residual dye that comes off. Can't remember how much though. Guess the key is to dye it and seal it good afterwards. Do a search on dying a seat and see what you find.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Elrod, couldn't help seeing your signature line...
I was born on the 19th of December and got mine on the 16th of December!

Pretty good birthday presents weren't they?
Motocycle Happy.gif

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg
Wanted mine darker just dyed this yesterday. Sealed & read to ride. Many riders used different colors. Mine equal amounts of saddle tan & light brown & buckskin. I did my fork bag first to make sure I liked the color

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Elrod, couldn't help seeing your signature line...
I was born on the 19th of December and got mine on the 16th of December!

Pretty good birthday presents weren't they? View attachment 5343
Yep, that is an awesome birthday present :D

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Wanted mine darker just dyed this yesterday. Sealed & read to ride. Many riders used different colors. Mine equal amounts of saddle tan & light brown & buckskin. I did my fork bag first to make sure I liked the color
What did you use to seal? They have a very nice gloss! :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I love the look of the Scout seat, but I worry that the lighter tan color leather might be too much of a contrast with the black. The only Scout I've seen in person is the red. Now when my bike comes in I may love it with the tan seat. I may love the contrast of light seat to dark bike color.

But let's say I want a darker seat, say more of a mid to dark brown. Is there a way to dye the seat? Is it advisable? Does the dye rub off on your pants?
watch the you Tube:Tan Leather Care - Indian Motorcycle
Then go to: Shop for Leather Care Products :: Shop for Shoe Polish :: Fiebing\'s Horse & Leather Care Products
Never had a problem with Fiebing oil dye products.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Floyd, I love the look of my black and tan. I can't tell you how many people have oohed and aahed over this bike!

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent information and resources! Thank you!

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Floyd, I love the look of my black and tan. I can't tell you how many people have oohed and aahed over this bike!
Hey Jimmy! Got any photos?

Caveman, your leather looks sweet. Nice job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts