Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is running the E4's? What is your opinion of them? I'm getting a set installed next week and was curious to know how they perform.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like them too.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Excellent tire. E3 was worst tire I’ve ever rode pulled them at 9000 miles In fear of they’d get me killed. I’ve run Metzlers Commanders Avon’s. Avon’s the stickiest but 10g their gone. Which puts me on 2 sets a season. Only reason I switched they burn up to quick. But this E4 is a very good all around tire. Nice ride and sticks well dry and wet roads both. Mileage to early to tell yet first set I’ve run.

·
Rider
442 Posts
I had no issues with the original E3's on my 17 Springfield, got 17,500 miles out of them. Went with the E4's as they were reported to be a big improvement{and the 3's had been discontinued} and while I haven't seen that much difference I've been very happy with the E4's after 4,500 miles.

(y)

·
Rider
818 Posts
Mounted them about a year ago, front and rear. Looking like I’ll get well over 20k on the rear. I’ll probably have to replace the rear towards the middle of this summer.

Attachments

Reactions: GreatWhite

·
Registered
165 Posts
On Indian's website they have For the 2020 Springfield Dark Horse, Roadmaster Elite, Road Master Dark Horse, Front tire Dunlop® American Elite 130/60B19 61H Rear Tires Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
However on the regular Roadmaster they have Front Tires Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H Rear Tires Dunlop® Elite 3 Multi-Compound 180/60R16 80H
On the Chief Vintage it has Front Tires Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H Rear Tires Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H. If you want to know anymore you have to check on there website. Indian Motorcycle - America's First Motorcycle Company

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just choose what ever motorcycle model you are interested in and go under the tab that says SPECS. Look through them and you can see which model comes with what tire.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've had the E3's on all my Victory's. The wet road traction was terrible in my opinion. The bike felt like it was on ice.
Weird, rode in a few rain storms and put it on touring mode and felt pretty confident.

How many miles can I expect out of these e3s??....I would say I ride kinda hard.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts