Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Drop Leg "Funny Pack"?

5K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  Flo.Rider 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I have been wondering something for the last couple of weeks,

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Waist Beige

Is the shown item above something that cruiser/touring riders would use at all? I have a certain use in mind for it (CCW), and it fits perfectly, since any other location in my body would imprint/shown. What do you guys think? I have saddle bags in my bike, but if something sudden happens it would be really hard/almost impossible to reach out to the saddlebags while riding, anyways I want your thoughts in this matter..

See less See more
#3 ·
The only reason why I am thinking of it is because, as I said before, it might imprint/shown..I have to try and see if maybe, if I place in the center of my waist, in the back, clothing might conceal it enough..gotta try it, not fan of the murse either….🥴

#5 ·
I strongly recommend against carrying a sidearm at the center of your back as you described. An impact from a fall (on foot or wheels) could cause spinal damage. You might explore other holster options which offer better concealment. mawilsonWCR's recommendation looks to be a good one. The Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 IWB holster works best for me, even for my more cumbersome pistols.

The drop leg bag might be useful for other items, but will attract attention to anyone who suspects you might be carrying.

Reactions: Flo.Rider
#8 ·
I strongly recommend against carrying a sidearm at the center of your back as you described. An impact from a fall (on foot or wheels) could cause spinal damage. You might explore other holster options which offer better concealment. mawilsonWCR's recommendation looks to be a good one. The Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 IWB holster works best for me, even for my more cumbersome pistols.

The drop leg bag might be useful for other items, but will attract attention to anyone who suspects you might be carrying.
You are right about the unwanted attention, did not think of that for moment...in reality it looks like those old west drop leg holster, the only thing missing is the shape of the weapon....:unsure:

#6 ·
You might want to try a "paddle holster". No threading through your belt--just push the "paddle" in where ever you want to carry. I can carry my H & K USP Compact .45 "appendix style" at about the 2 O'clock position (I am left handed) while riding and with a loose fitting shirt with the shirt tail not tucked in it is not noticeable. And while riding I am generally leaning forward a bit which helps to keep the gun from printing. If I am walking around or even sitting at a table eating I wear it at about the 9 O'clock position and my left arm hanging down covers any printing.

#10 ·
I have decided to buy have both a "paddle" holster which @KYJoe mentioned and the Crossbreed Reckoning holster (which BTW was on sale with 20% OFF) which @DanJ mentioned as well, will try both and see which one is more comfortable to carry a G19 (which I know is not the most comfortable size for CC) but it is what I have....in the future maybe I go with a compact G and then it will be easier to carry...Thanks to everyone for the time taken to help and comment, I will post an update once enough time has pass by using either...

#18 ·
Flo.Rider, I forgot to mention the Holsterama belt slide holster. Posting a link below. Click on it and look at all the pics. This holster can be either right or left handed and can be worn either IWB or OWB. This has to be the most overall versatile holster I have ever seen. They only make 2 sizes and of course I have both. I have a BUNCH of semi-autos and also some revolvers that fit very well in one or the other. But, there is a small problem I have with them. Because a portion of the muzzle is exposed, when I am wearing one of them at about the 2 O'clock position the muzzle will rub on one or the other of the two rivets securing the small "watch" or "change" pocket on my jeans. Discovered this early on and was able to rub off the scuff before it became serious. And, it is seldom I wear anything except jeans so my daily wear holster is usually a paddle holster.

I'm somewhat jealous of you guys that can carry IWB. None of my jeans or regular slacks have enough room in them for a IWB holster. I never really thought I wore my pants too tight but I just can't make an IWB holster work for me.

#11 · (Edited)
Unless you're super skinny trying to conceal a full size pistol a good IWB holster won't print enough for the usual person to notice. Guys I've worked with for years at my shop didn't know I carry every IWB day and my T-shirts aren't even baggy. When I ride I use a Verscarry OWB for my Sig P365. Under a flannel it disappears completely and doesn't dig into my side. I won't get off into the weeds about how much training time should be mandatory to draw fast from concealment, but fumbling with that bag thing to draw would be highly inefficient.

#13 ·
Unless you're super skinny trying to conceal a full size pistol a good IWB holster won't print enough for the usual person to notice. Guys I've worked with for years at my shop didn't know I carry every day and my T-shirts aren't even baggy. When I ride I use a Verscarry OWB for my Sig P365. Under a flannel it disappears completely and doesn't dig into my side. I won't get off into the weeds about how much training time should be mandatory to draw fast from concealment, but fumbling with that bag thing to draw would be highly inefficient.
Thank you for your comment 🙏, for real, I know that "murse" is not ideal at all, just thought that somehow it would be "easier" to draw from than from an IWB holster, but I am happy with options chosen that I mentioned above, let see what time "says"

#12 ·
I normally carry a Springfield Hellcat in this holster...I always opt for the "J" clips that replace the metal over the belt clips

#22 ·
View attachment 693742

....since any other location in my body would imprint....
I carry a Glock 27 in the .40 caliber variety in my front pocket when I ride. To avoid the "imprint" factor, I place it in one of those soft koozies before putting it in my pocket. And voila, no imprint at all. Give it a try. Soft koozies are a lot cheaper than that rig you are looking at. Might as well wear chaps too and go full leatherman.

#23 ·
Yeah! The "murse" idea is out of the window, do not want to go full leatherman, at least not for now, :ROFLMAO: I also ordered a paddle holster, let see how it goes, I might end up buying a G27 or a G43, another reason to buy a new toy!!!:giggle:

#30 ·
A ton of info here

#34 ·
Yesterday I tried the paddle holster I bought and the most comfortable way I found to ride with it is on my strong arm position (I think is called that) dead smack at 3 o'clock, no printing, and the only thing in my way was the bottom of my sweater...so not too bad, at least for me, with a G19; once I downsize a bit there will be other comfortable ways...

#35 ·
Besides when riding, I bet you could walk around anywhere and as long as your right arm is hanging down you will be good.

And I must comment on "comfortable". You ain't gonna be hiking across the Sahara Desert. Don't be overly concerned with comfort. To me, feeling/noticing the weight of my gun is in itself a very comforting feeling which far outweighs any insignificant gain to be had by carrying a smaller and lighter gun.

#36 ·
Actually, it was comfortable while walking, I went to those one of those locals Food Trucks "plaza" and walked around carrying and at that point I didn't feel any discomfort at all, regarding your last statement, I will have to agree 200% with you, shouldn't be concerned too much, thank you for the realization 🙏

#37 ·
Me too. I concealed carry every day, every time I ride using an IWB holster at about 4, sometimes 5 o'clock. I alternately carry a full-size Glock 22 or an S&W MP compact w-laser. And I always carry a spare mag for each at about 8 o'clock. I'm good with I'm doing and probably would not use the item you posted. i don't worry too much about printing and have never experience any issue with that.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.