Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Challenger Dark Horse
90 Posts
I took a look at the CYA Supply holster, is it comfortable while riding? Let say, when located at cross draw? I am RH...
I’m not sure, I would never appendix carry. Too inefficient to clear the cover garment and build your grip and your drive toward the target. It’s as comfortable as it can be appendix, and if it digs in you can always slide it a little toward your hip. Honestly though for a CCW that you’re going to be sitting down with I’d choose something smaller like a P365 or a G43 if you want to stick with Glock.

·
Silver member
6,963 Posts
View attachment 693742

....since any other location in my body would imprint....
I carry a Glock 27 in the .40 caliber variety in my front pocket when I ride. To avoid the "imprint" factor, I place it in one of those soft koozies before putting it in my pocket. And voila, no imprint at all. Give it a try. Soft koozies are a lot cheaper than that rig you are looking at. Might as well wear chaps too and go full leatherman.

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I carry a Glock 27 in the .40 caliber variety in my front pocket when I ride. To avoid the "imprint" factor, I place it in one of those soft koozies before putting it in my pocket. And voila, no imprint at all. Give it a try. Soft koozies are a lot cheaper than that rig you are looking at. Might as well wear chaps too and go full leatherman.
Yeah! The "murse" idea is out of the window, do not want to go full leatherman, at least not for now, :ROFLMAO: I also ordered a paddle holster, let see how it goes, I might end up buying a G27 or a G43, another reason to buy a new toy!!!:giggle:

Reactions: A-58

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’m not sure, I would never appendix carry. Too inefficient to clear the cover garment and build your grip and your drive toward the target. It’s as comfortable as it can be appendix, and if it digs in you can always slide it a little toward your hip. Honestly though for a CCW that you’re going to be sitting down with I’d choose something smaller like a P365 or a G43 if you want to stick with Glock.
I know what you are saying, but for now I have to figure out how to best CC what I have, later might go smaller !!

·
Registered
21 Challenger Dark Horse
90 Posts
Yeah! The "murse" idea is out of the window, do not want to go full leatherman, at least not for now, :ROFLMAO: I also ordered a paddle holster, let see how it goes, I might end up buying a G27 or a G43, another reason to buy a new toy!!!:giggle:
Like the saying goes, "If you know how many guns you have, you don't have enough guns."

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello all,
I have been wondering something for the last couple of weeks,

View attachment 693742

Is the shown item above something that cruiser/touring riders would use at all? I have a certain use in mind for it (CCW), and it fits perfectly, since any other location in my body would imprint/shown. What do you guys think? I have saddle bags in my bike, but if something sudden happens it would be really hard/almost impossible to reach out to the saddlebags while riding, anyways I want your thoughts in this matter..
I have one similar, use it all the time especially to conceal my wireless hole puncher! I also carry reading glasses and my wallet and extra "energy" for the hole puncher. Mine is a cloth fabric and has 3 compartments.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello all,

View attachment 693742

Is the shown item above something that cruiser/touring riders would use at all? I have a certain use in mind for it (CCW), and it fits perfectly, since any other location in my body would imprint/shown. What do you guys think? I have saddle bags in my bike, but if something sudden happens it would be really hard/almost impossible to reach out to the saddlebags while riding, anyways I want your thoughts in this matter..
Coolest looking bag ever. I used an old gas mask bag like that in the 70s when I was in the navy. It was canvas and served as my stash bag. Sadly, as others have stated, it would still broadcast what you are trying to conceal in this day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all,

View attachment 693742

I carry in the appendix position, I have a sig 229 40 cal. Ride all the time with it. Usually just a T-shirt over it under my jacket. Never had a problem with printing.

·
Administrator
22,954 Posts
A ton of info here

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A ton of info here

I just jumped to that thread yesterday...Thanks!!!

Reactions: HINK

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
As bad as shoulder holsters are for edc, they excel on a motorcycle, assuming you are at least wearing a vest.
I am wearing a vest... the shoulder holster is something interesting...🧐:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yesterday I tried the paddle holster I bought and the most comfortable way I found to ride with it is on my strong arm position (I think is called that) dead smack at 3 o'clock, no printing, and the only thing in my way was the bottom of my sweater...so not too bad, at least for me, with a G19; once I downsize a bit there will be other comfortable ways...

Reactions: HINK

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yesterday I tried the paddle holster I bought and the most comfortable way I found to ride with it is on my strong arm position (I think is called that) dead smack at 3 o'clock, no printing, and the only thing in my way was the bottom of my sweater...so not too bad, at least for me, with a G19; once I downsize a bit there will be other comfortable ways...
Besides when riding, I bet you could walk around anywhere and as long as your right arm is hanging down you will be good.

And I must comment on "comfortable". You ain't gonna be hiking across the Sahara Desert. Don't be overly concerned with comfort. To me, feeling/noticing the weight of my gun is in itself a very comforting feeling which far outweighs any insignificant gain to be had by carrying a smaller and lighter gun.

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Actually, it was comfortable while walking, I went to those one of those locals Food Trucks "plaza" and walked around carrying and at that point I didn't feel any discomfort at all, regarding your last statement, I will have to agree 200% with you, shouldn't be concerned too much, thank you for the realization 🙏

Reactions: KYJoe

·
Registered
91 Posts
Me too. I concealed carry every day, every time I ride using an IWB holster at about 4, sometimes 5 o'clock. I alternately carry a full-size Glock 22 or an S&W MP compact w-laser. And I always carry a spare mag for each at about 8 o'clock. I'm good with I'm doing and probably would not use the item you posted. i don't worry too much about printing and have never experience any issue with that.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts