·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have been wondering something for the last couple of weeks,

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Waist Beige

Is the shown item above something that cruiser/touring riders would use at all? I have a certain use in mind for it (CCW), and it fits perfectly, since any other location in my body would imprint/shown. What do you guys think? I have saddle bags in my bike, but if something sudden happens it would be really hard/almost impossible to reach out to the saddlebags while riding, anyways I want your thoughts in this matter..

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend conceal carry’s in a murse like that. Would I, F no!
The only reason why I am thinking of it is because, as I said before, it might imprint/shown..I have to try and see if maybe, if I place in the center of my waist, in the back, clothing might conceal it enough..gotta try it, not fan of the murse either….🥴

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I strongly recommend against carrying a sidearm at the center of your back as you described. An impact from a fall (on foot or wheels) could cause spinal damage. You might explore other holster options which offer better concealment. mawilsonWCR's recommendation looks to be a good one. The Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 IWB holster works best for me, even for my more cumbersome pistols.

The drop leg bag might be useful for other items, but will attract attention to anyone who suspects you might be carrying.
You are right about the unwanted attention, did not think of that for moment...in reality it looks like those old west drop leg holster, the only thing missing is the shape of the weapon....:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have decided to buy have both a "paddle" holster which @KYJoe mentioned and the Crossbreed Reckoning holster (which BTW was on sale with 20% OFF) which @DanJ mentioned as well, will try both and see which one is more comfortable to carry a G19 (which I know is not the most comfortable size for CC) but it is what I have....in the future maybe I go with a compact G and then it will be easier to carry...Thanks to everyone for the time taken to help and comment, I will post an update once enough time has pass by using either...

Reactions: KYJoe

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unless you're super skinny trying to conceal a full size pistol a good IWB holster won't print enough for the usual person to notice. Guys I've worked with for years at my shop didn't know I carry every day and my T-shirts aren't even baggy. When I ride I use a Verscarry OWB for my Sig P365. Under a flannel it disappears completely and doesn't dig into my side. I won't get off into the weeds about how much training time should be mandatory to draw fast from concealment, but fumbling with that bag thing to draw would be highly inefficient.
Thank you for your comment 🙏, for real, I know that "murse" is not ideal at all, just thought that somehow it would be "easier" to draw from than from an IWB holster, but I am happy with options chosen that I mentioned above, let see what time "says"

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I normally carry a Springfield Hellcat in this holster...I always opt for the "J" clips that replace the metal over the belt clips

Do you feel that the J-Clips are easier when mounting the set up over the belt?

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you feel that the J-Clips are easier when mounting the set up over the belt?
I normally carry a Springfield Hellcat in this holster...I always opt for the "J" clips that replace the metal over the belt clips

I see, the difference is that the J clips "holds" to the bottom of the belt instead of ON top of it...🧐

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unless you're super skinny trying to conceal a full size pistol a good IWB holster won't print enough for the usual person to notice. Guys I've worked with for years at my shop didn't know I carry every IWB day and my T-shirts aren't even baggy. When I ride I use a Verscarry OWB for my Sig P365. Under a flannel it disappears completely and doesn't dig into my side. I won't get off into the weeds about how much training time should be mandatory to draw fast from concealment, but fumbling with that bag thing to draw would be highly inefficient.
Do you mind telling me which specific model of holster do you use? There are quite a few..:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I carry a Glock 27 in the .40 caliber variety in my front pocket when I ride. To avoid the "imprint" factor, I place it in one of those soft koozies before putting it in my pocket. And voila, no imprint at all. Give it a try. Soft koozies are a lot cheaper than that rig you are looking at. Might as well wear chaps too and go full leatherman.
Yeah! The "murse" idea is out of the window, do not want to go full leatherman, at least not for now, :ROFLMAO: I also ordered a paddle holster, let see how it goes, I might end up buying a G27 or a G43, another reason to buy a new toy!!!:giggle:

Reactions: A-58

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’m not sure, I would never appendix carry. Too inefficient to clear the cover garment and build your grip and your drive toward the target. It’s as comfortable as it can be appendix, and if it digs in you can always slide it a little toward your hip. Honestly though for a CCW that you’re going to be sitting down with I’d choose something smaller like a P365 or a G43 if you want to stick with Glock.
I know what you are saying, but for now I have to figure out how to best CC what I have, later might go smaller !!

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A ton of info here

I just jumped to that thread yesterday...Thanks!!!

Reactions: HINK

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
As bad as shoulder holsters are for edc, they excel on a motorcycle, assuming you are at least wearing a vest.
I am wearing a vest... the shoulder holster is something interesting...🧐:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yesterday I tried the paddle holster I bought and the most comfortable way I found to ride with it is on my strong arm position (I think is called that) dead smack at 3 o'clock, no printing, and the only thing in my way was the bottom of my sweater...so not too bad, at least for me, with a G19; once I downsize a bit there will be other comfortable ways...

Reactions: HINK

·
Premium Member
2017 Scout Sixty ABS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Actually, it was comfortable while walking, I went to those one of those locals Food Trucks "plaza" and walked around carrying and at that point I didn't feel any discomfort at all, regarding your last statement, I will have to agree 200% with you, shouldn't be concerned too much, thank you for the realization 🙏

Reactions: KYJoe
1 - 15 of 15 Posts