Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
You might want to try a "paddle holster". No threading through your belt--just push the "paddle" in where ever you want to carry. I can carry my H & K USP Compact .45 "appendix style" at about the 2 O'clock position (I am left handed) while riding and with a loose fitting shirt with the shirt tail not tucked in it is not noticeable. And while riding I am generally leaning forward a bit which helps to keep the gun from printing. If I am walking around or even sitting at a table eating I wear it at about the 9 O'clock position and my left arm hanging down covers any printing.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have decided to buy have both a "paddle" holster which @KYJoe mentioned and the Crossbreed Reckoning holster (which BTW was on sale with 20% OFF) which @DanJ mentioned as well, will try both and see which one is more comfortable to carry a G19 (which I know is not the most comfortable size for CC) but it is what I have....in the future maybe I go with a compact G and then it will be easier to carry...Thanks to everyone for the time taken to help and comment, I will post an update once enough time has pass by using either...
Flo.Rider, I forgot to mention the Holsterama belt slide holster. Posting a link below. Click on it and look at all the pics. This holster can be either right or left handed and can be worn either IWB or OWB. This has to be the most overall versatile holster I have ever seen. They only make 2 sizes and of course I have both. I have a BUNCH of semi-autos and also some revolvers that fit very well in one or the other. But, there is a small problem I have with them. Because a portion of the muzzle is exposed, when I am wearing one of them at about the 2 O'clock position the muzzle will rub on one or the other of the two rivets securing the small "watch" or "change" pocket on my jeans. Discovered this early on and was able to rub off the scuff before it became serious. And, it is seldom I wear anything except jeans so my daily wear holster is usually a paddle holster.

I'm somewhat jealous of you guys that can carry IWB. None of my jeans or regular slacks have enough room in them for a IWB holster. I never really thought I wore my pants too tight but I just can't make an IWB holster work for me.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yesterday I tried the paddle holster I bought and the most comfortable way I found to ride with it is on my strong arm position (I think is called that) dead smack at 3 o'clock, no printing, and the only thing in my way was the bottom of my sweater...so not too bad, at least for me, with a G19; once I downsize a bit there will be other comfortable ways...
Besides when riding, I bet you could walk around anywhere and as long as your right arm is hanging down you will be good.

And I must comment on "comfortable". You ain't gonna be hiking across the Sahara Desert. Don't be overly concerned with comfort. To me, feeling/noticing the weight of my gun is in itself a very comforting feeling which far outweighs any insignificant gain to be had by carrying a smaller and lighter gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts