Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I disconnected the battery on my '15 Classic to install a battery tender, After reconnection, the driving lights no longer come on. The power button is not lit and there appears to be no codes. No blown fuses and everything else works fine. Ideas? VCM reflash maybe? Thanks.

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
OK I have to ask, did you push the button on the back of the front forks?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
the microswitch on the button is very fragile. I know it was working before the battery was disconnected, but my bet is on the switch.

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
In my original post, "the power button is not lit". Yes I did push it.
The OP did not say which power button. There are two on a Chief. I don't assume anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the microswitch on the button is very fragile. I know it was working before the battery was disconnected, but my bet is on the switch.
Thanks for the info. Going to run it by my dealer and have them take a look. Just thought I'd put it out there and see if it happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've always left mine on too. Appears to be unrelated to the battery disconnect. Checked at dealer and found no power from VCM to the switch connector. Luckily there is some additional aux. power connectors in that section of the harness. Swapped over to one of those and lights now work. Thought I would update with what we found so far. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts