Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used drivers seat chrome rail and it didn’t include the fasteners or spacers. I can handle getting the screws and washers but I have no idea regarding the length of the four missing M6 spacers. Can anyone with this accessory help me out with the dimensions (length and OD) of the missing spacers?

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
They look like washers to me. Here are the instructions:

Attachments

·
Rider
784 Posts
I purchased a used drivers seat chrome rail and it didn’t include the fasteners or spacers. I can handle getting the screws and washers but I have no idea regarding the length of the four missing M6 spacers. Can anyone with this accessory help me out with the dimensions (length and OD) of the missing spacers?
My spacers are hiding somewhere in a nook or cranny on the garage floor; they fell out last year when I took off the seat rail to put the passenger seat back on. This year I put the seat rail back on without the spacers and it seemed to fit just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I managed to get a drawing of the parts from Polaris customer service but it doesn’t specify what type of metal. Apparently the parts aren’t available individually so I’m trying other sources. According to the drawing they’re 2.8mm thick/long, 8.7mm OD and 6.3mm ID. Any information on material type (or a commercial source) would be appreciated.

Edit: Customer service rep told me that the spacers are zinc plated carbon steel.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I bought one of these rails from Ebay and it came with some spacers. I can't really see their function as they needed a washer to keep them from embedding into the plastic seat bucket. Also, they caused the hex head screws to just about touch the fender. But, to answer your question they are about 3mm thick. I would say 2 or 3 flat washers would perform the same task.

Be sure to check the clearance between the rail and the fender. You may need some type of buffer or gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts