Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the best options out there for driver's backrests. I am finding my hands tingling and eventually going numb after 20 minutes or so of riding and I assume I am gripping the grips too tight at times. I'm thinking having a backrest might help alleviate how tight my mind feels I need to hold on to the handlebars :unsure:.....

The indian oem backrest I have read isn't adjustable which concerns me. It also doesn't fold down.

Mustang has a nice setup but looks like up to 8 weeks out from the manufacturer currently and soldout everywhere I look.

Corbin is very nice but very pricey.

Are there other options I am missing? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. I have been riding bikes for years (I'm 46) but this is the first I have had an issue with fingers going numb. It really detracts from spending alot of time on the bike and I would love to find a fix.

Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have he mustang seat with backrest and really like it—sucks about the wait now though. Also, have you thought about different grips if you are using the stock ones? I put some Avon grips on mine and it made a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have he mustang seat with backrest and really like it—sucks about the wait now though. Also, have you thought about different grips if you are using the stock ones? I put some Avon grips on mine and it made a noticeable difference.
I have these Avon's on now. Helped some. Quite frustrating.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am looking for the best options out there for driver's backrests. I am finding my hands tingling and eventually going numb after 20 minutes or so of riding and I assume I am gripping the grips too tight at times. I'm thinking having a backrest might help alleviate how tight my mind feels I need to hold on to the handlebars :unsure:.....

The indian oem backrest I have read isn't adjustable which concerns me. It also doesn't fold down.

Mustang has a nice setup but looks like up to 8 weeks out from the manufacturer currently and soldout everywhere I look.
View attachment 601403
Corbin is very nice but very pricey.

Are there other options I am missing? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. I have been riding bikes for years (I'm 46) but this is the first I have had an issue with fingers going numb. It really detracts from spending alot of time on the bike and I would love to find a fix.

Thanks.
I've had 4 Mustang seats w/backrest on HD's and now on my Scout. They are great. If you ever ride with one you'll never want to ride without one. Well worth the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts