Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I considered getting the Driver Backrest when I got my Challenger but decided not to due to the cost. It looks like a few of the photo's I've seen show them on and I was wondering how you like them.

I was doing some searching and it looks like Grasshopper Ltd has one that fits the challenger for $90. Can the factory one really be worth that much more?

Thanks!

·
Founding member
477 Posts
I've never tried a Grasshopper backrest, but I do have an Indian backrest on my challenger, and like it very much. I tend to stick with Indian brand accessories. I know they're expensive, but so is the bike.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I've never tried a Grasshopper backrest, but I do have an Indian backrest on my challenger, and like it very much. I tend to stick with Indian brand accessories. I know they're expensive, but so is the bike.
I feel the same way. I have had a Vintage and RM and consider the backrest my most important accessory. If I could only have one add-on there is no doubt that would be it.

·
Bronze member
1,534 Posts
Tech, it is expensive....but clearly this option speaks of LONG DAY in the saddle comfort.....and for me, it's worth every dime. I know the Indian part has a custom base bracket which is bolted to the frame of the bike, so clearly there is plenty of strength and support there. Some of the aftermarket backrests just slide a post into the seat with no real structural support. Use your IMRG discount.....at 15% (or more!), it's no small change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts