Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I hate to say it, but I HATE the look of the stock mirrors on the sixty. I splurged and picked up a set of these guys that I plan on making fit. From the description, it looks like they will bolt right onto the stock brackets. Any thoughts?

Driven Racing California Mirror

I love how sporty the sixty is. Now I'm just working on making it look more sporty :) I'm pretty sure these mirrors will add at least 5 extra horse power a piece, right? ;)

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
I was also thinking they were a little high priced THEN, I noticed that was EACH!
But they do look good! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely very expensive, but they were a Christmas gift that I will be grateful for for a long while! On top of the stock mirrors looking bad, I couldn't see past my elbows and Im a 5'9 155lb 20something year old. Horrible mirror placement.

·
Diamond member
9,055 Posts
Definitely very expensive, but they were a Christmas gift that I will be grateful for for a long while! On top of the stock mirrors looking bad, I couldn't see past my elbows and Im a 5'9 155lb 20something year old. Horrible mirror placement.
If they are metric, they will fit.
Cool mirrors,,, even cooler that you don't have to pay that for them!;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. Here's what I did ...
View attachment 154361
I can see a lot better - tiny as they are - and I like the way they look.
I was thinking about bar end mirrors. I just have fears of putting the bike under the knife and performing surgery.

I'll have to man up and do it eventually. I recently realized the back Fender is a part of the bikes frame. I plan on deleting the rear and front Fender come this summer and Bob the bike

·
Diamond member
9,055 Posts
I was thinking about bar end mirrors. I just have fears of putting the bike under the knife and performing surgery.

I'll have to man up and do it eventually. I recently realized the back Fender is a part of the bikes frame. I plan on deleting the rear and front Fender come this summer and Bob the bike
The rear stuff is bolted on, including the subframe so that's nice!
When you remove your front, I highly advise the use of a fork brace in its place, the fenders job of keeping debris from putting dents or holes in the radiator and your face, is only part of its job. it's also integral to holding your fronts geometry true and suspension to work as one. ESPECIALLY when you need it most, and are demanding alot from it, such as spirited riding, and most importantly, in emergency stops and maneuvers!
This is all to often over looked!;)

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
My mirrors were useless, until I finally realized that the handlebars were too damn low. Raising them up a bit made the mirrors perfect. I can see everything. Told my buddy, we raised his as well, same result. If I had to guess, we raised them up maybe an inch...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the first mirror arrived today. Takes a little bit to assemble as they are actually 4 separate parts. 1 mirror, 1 mount, and 2 for the stem. It bolts right onto the bike with no modification needed. When the other mirror arrives I will upload a picture of the finished product. They will definitely help seeing around my elbows.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My mirrors were useless, until I finally realized that the handlebars were too damn low. Raising them up a bit made the mirrors perfect. I can see everything. Told my buddy, we raised his as well, same result. If I had to guess, we raised them up maybe an inch...
Same here. After I installed my mini apes the mirrors were just right.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you were to use load emulators, they would I believe.
Its not that, the mirror stem runs thru the brake assembly and and secures with a lock nut underneath. The cables run inside the handlebar. On the scout, the mirror does not run thru the mounting assembly.

·
Diamond member
9,055 Posts
Its not that, the mirror stem runs thru the brake assembly and and secures with a lock nut underneath. The cables run inside the handlebar. On the scout, the mirror does not run thru the mounting assembly.
Wow! Never heard of such a thing!
New wrinkle for me!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts