Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had trouble with their belt not wanting to track straight ? my classic had the chirp sound going and i saw it was riding to the right of the rear sprocket so i did the adjustment and aline of belt which wasnt easy as belt didnt want to go left. but i did get it to move. test ride and damm thing is back right any ideas ? thanks

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Nope, none. Never heard of that issue before. Maybe someone should start an oil thread too.

OK, sarcasm spent. There are literally dozens of threads on this board for this exact issue, so no need to start another one. Here's a link to a search list that with a little reading you will find your answers.

Search results for query: belt adjustment

·
Bronze member
2,477 Posts
Yup, takes a few tries. The threads here are helpful. Be sure to only follow 111 belt drive advice, the Scout bikes are reversed because the belt is on the other side.

·
Bronze member
3,640 Posts
you can go to the motherships web site and they tell you (via video) how to adjust the rear axle to get your belt to run true... basically after you adjust for tension you go to the left side and adjust with it only until the belt is centered... then you check it by rotating the wheel to see if it stays centered... if it doesn't you start over and repeat until it does.. if it does you tighten things up and your good to go

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another tip is brake the axle but loose before you lift the bike so your extension will clear your muffler. When your done you will have to lower it down for final torque.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts