Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been researching, and pretty much decided based on what Ive found, to order the Ciro cup holder. But, is there any real benefit to perch mount, or bar mount? I was thinking bar mount because I could adjust where its mounted, but then looking at the bars on the Roadmaster, there really isnt much room to move it around much. Second question, will the big ass drink holder still hold smaller bottles fine, like for instance a 20 ounce soda bottle, or would that flop around in there? And lastly, am I overlooking a different drink holder that is better? Thanks

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I have the Pinnacle cup holder (before it was discontinued) and I believe it's comparable to the Kruzer Kaddy at a much more affordable price. After many searches, I found a 24 oz insulated tumbler that fits the Kaddy perfectly and keeps beverages hot.
24 oz. Coffee Travel Mug: Green - Reduce Everyday Other colors are avialable from other vendors (e.g. Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond).

Product Kitchen appliance Line Gas Home appliance

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I been researching, and pretty much decided based on what Ive found, to order the Ciro cup holder. But, is there any real benefit to perch mount, or bar mount? I was thinking bar mount because I could adjust where its mounted, but then looking at the bars on the Roadmaster, there really isnt much room to move it around much. Second question, will the big ass drink holder still hold smaller bottles fine, like for instance a 20 ounce soda bottle, or would that flop around in there? And lastly, am I overlooking a different drink holder that is better? Thanks
i ordered 2 of the holders from Lutz Leather! They mount to the saddle bag crash bar! They work perfectly… I can still reach my beverage while riding… I don’t need to look, it’s right by my side… works great and it’s not in the handlebars!!! I ordered the large deep ones because I usually carry insulated water bottles!

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
i ordered 2 of the holders from Lutz Leather! They mount to the saddle bag crash bar! They work perfectly… I can still reach my beverage while riding… I don’t need to look, it’s right by my side… works great and it’s not in the handlebars!!! I ordered the large deep ones because I usually carry insulated water bottles!

Do you remember the diameter clamp you ordered for the rear saddlebag guards?

Thanks,

Phil

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Mounting locations are a personal choice. I can see benefits to handle bars as well as highway bars.
I have had some type of cub holder on every bike I have owned since 1989.

The latest it the Bigass holder by Ciro.

They are pricey. But, so far, they have not spilled a drop, or lost a cup. Even when the bike got dumped. A 0.5 l bottle might slip out. I find they hold large styrofoam glasses from a convenience store just fine. But, we have been using 32 oz mugs, Rtic or Yeti, or no name, all hold ice great.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Plant Light

Reactions: evallade

·
Registered
681 Posts
I found a good deal on that Indian "bag" that mounts to the reaar crash bar. Has a cup holder and a fold over pocket. It was such a good deal that I got the bag and then ordered the rear crash bars for the bag. lol

It holds my thermos with the suction straw thing with no problems.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH in White Smoke
127 Posts
I wonder if the 7/8 will work on the passenger armrest bar
No, the OD of the arm rest bar is 3/4". I bought the Ciro clamp holder for the 7/8" and then purchased a short length of aluminum heavy wall tubing, cut to length and cut in half lengthwise to make a spacer to mount the drink holder. It worked great. At the same time I had all the parts for the arm rests and the spacers powder coated gloss black to match my Road Master Dark Horse.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I wonder if the 7/8 will work on the passenger armrest bar
If you have a Roadmaster, Kuryakyn makes a passenger cupholder that bolts into the trunk, and looks factory.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I found a good deal on that Indian "bag" that mounts to the reaar crash bar. Has a cup holder and a fold over pocket. It was such a good deal that I got the bag and then ordered the rear crash bars for the bag. lol

It holds my thermos with the suction straw thing with no problems.
I did the same, and had a friend of my brother make a matching leather strap to go around the top of the cupholder to hold it in place.

Reactions: Usafle

·
Registered
194 Posts
My KST bars are too big for most cup holders.. plus I don't like that stuff on my handlebars so I went with a highway bar setup that I ordered here. It has an adjustable clamp and a side velcro strip to help stabilize it.
Worked great on my recent camping trip.

·
5 years +
70 Posts
I use a motorcycle drink thing cup/bottle holder. Small, folds up, unatrusive.
I use a "Motorcycle Drink Thing Cup/Bottle Holder". It's small, folds up, lightweight, and not obtrusive. I've had mine for about 20 years, and it has done a good job for me on many long trips. Check out Google search, and Ebay.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the responses. I did order the big ass holder from Ciro this morning. It shipped already and my tracking info says it will arrive on Saturday. Two days, pretty quick service!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts