Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
They look good just the way they are!

Some add decals and stickers and things, but not for me...

·
Senior member / gold
6,247 Posts
I prefer STP oil additive & heavy metal band stickers all over my bike, and when they start fading from the sun I will begin layering them over the top of the faded ones. Lately I have tired of heavy metal bands, and am now in the process off adding bluegrass and grunge band stickers. I also add tourist destination stickers, like, See Rock City and others. Hahaha!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
a picture of each ex, (2) one each side..........................NOT

·
Bronze member
1,266 Posts
Thanks to the gentleman who earlier answered with the funny reply above, Chief Signguru, I have a couple of really cool looking silver "Springfield" decals in Indian Motorcycle script adorning the side covers on my Indian..well what else..Springfield!

And, I'm still glad I put 'em on.

(...thanks again, Rich)

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
Those actually look pretty cool on that red!

·
Bronze member
1,266 Posts
Appears to be a Porsche 550 Spyder; Assuming a replica but if the real deal I'm one jealous guy. One of my favorite Porsche designs.
Yep Kaz, you got it. It's a Beck replica Porsche 550 Spyder alright. Good eye.

Bought that car, and what I occasionally refer to as my "four-wheel motorcycle" (the baby only weighs about half-again as much as my Springfield...1300lbs, and with a CB Performance Type-1 2165cc flat-four engine sitting midship and producing approx 150bhp) about 12 years ago now and after I retired from the airline job at LAX.

And yeah, as you also probably know, pretty much any of the approximately half of the remaining real and original 90 in number made by Porsche from 1954-56 are now going in the millions of dollars. And, as you also probably know, was the car James Dean met his maker in, in 1955.

(...and so yeah, driving it over these twisting mountain roads around here is ALMOST as much fun as riding one of my motorcycles over 'em...almost)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I
Thanks to the gentleman who earlier answered with the funny reply above, Chief Signguru, I have a couple of really cool looking silver "Springfield" decals in Indian Motorcycle script adorning the side covers on my Indian..well what else..Springfield!

(...thanks again, Rich)
like those I was having difficulty finding them online... Ill check the Ebay

·
Bronze member
1,903 Posts

(...thanks again, Rich)
What bag is that?

·
Bronze member
1,266 Posts
What bag is that?
Hi, Sam.

it's a Firstgear 'Silverstone' model tail bag which I purchased about four years ago at the enormous Chaparral motorcycle store located in San Bernardino CA.

However and unfortunately, while just now attempting to locate one on the internet for you if you might have been interested in purchasing one yourself, it appears after checking a few online locations, Firstgear has discontinued the production of this model a while back.

(...don't know why they would, as I've found it not only the perfect size for my uses, but also extremely well made and durable)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts