Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm new here just got my scout today! So excited! Put a few hundred km's on her beautiful day to ride... And then twice when I was down shifting from about 3rd to 2nd there was this weird squeak and the bike turned off! Just wondering if anyone knows why this would happen or if there was a solution I checked around on dif threads and didn't see anything on this specifically... And yes the kick stand was up and no I did not accidentally hit the engine kill switch, no lights came on on the display. Since I was still in motion I just pulled the clutch in and restarted on the fly and it happened again about 10 minutes after the first time... But that was it after that was fine for the last hour of the ride thx for the help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
My tranny was very tight when new...got stuck between gears a few times. Drug the rear tire because of it. Loosened up now. Could be related.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Didn't Feel my Scout was truly Broken in until had well over 2,000 Miles, Give it a little Time ..

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Does your knee 'foul' the ignition key, and perhaps move it just enough to momentarily switch off the ignition under certain conditions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
This has happened to me one time. Same scenario. Downshift and bike shut down. In not sure the reason. I checked the battery terminals. Has not happened since.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had this happen once also - only once - during my first day of ownership (brand new). Identical circumstances, down to the weird squeak which almost sounded like the starter turning over. I just pulled in the clutch, hit the start button and carried on. Not a problem since!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts