Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So by accident I discovered that if a guy double taps the button up or down (double in the same direction that is) that the windshield will go to fully up or fully down!
I looked in the manual and sure enough it’s supposed to do that haha. Maybe this sheds light on the little known feature for someone else too!

-Mike
2019 Chieftain Dark Horse

·
Registered
259 Posts
Another unknown feature in that same general area is if you roll the throttle forward it has a spring loaded switch which disengages the cruise control without having to engage either the front or rear brake lever or disengaging the cruise control at the thumb switch. I discovered this on a Indian dealer’s video on new bike features.

Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you get a book, or did you download a manual?
Mine did come with the book but aside from needing the master pin I haven’t used the hard copy... I use the manual link in the RideCommand app on my iPhone to check it there whenever I need to check something.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
425 Posts
Here is my contribution (not sure if it's just 2019 and up). If you hold your turn signal right or left for a few seconds it will stop when you release it. So think highway changing lanes, hold that signal (rather than just clicking it once) and it'll stop when you release it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here is my contribution (not sure if it's just 2019 and up). If you hold your turn signal right or left for a few seconds it will stop when you release it. So think highway changing lanes, hold that signal (rather than just clicking it once) and it'll stop when you release it.
I will have to try that as some of these new features may only apply to 2019 and up.....Thanks!

Tim

Reactions: Vrciccarello

·
Rider
523 Posts
The turn signal one works in my'17 RM. The windshield, nope, cruise control release does

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah my 16 doesn’t do it.
My 2018 Chieftain Limited does this. So, is 2016 does not and 2018 does, all that remains is 2017. Anyone have one to test?

EDIT: Answered by Jw Roadmaster already. I should have finished reading the thread before replying.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damn. I was about to get excited about the windshield shortcut, but I have a '17. Nice to know about the turn signal though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts