Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search online for the Scout oil change kit to see if I could find it cheaper than the dealer. Found one for $69 at www.faulknercycles.com and I ordered it online. I tried calling for status and their phone is no longer in service. Turns out they aren't open any longer. Since they are over in New Port Richey (about 45 mins from me) I took a drive over and the place is empty and closed. So just to let you all know, don't order from them.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, I ordered an oil change kit from them yesterday based on previous post here.:mad:
Sorry, it is messed up that they didn't take down their website. I ordered also and I am waiting for my paypal transaction to cancel (currently it is pending).

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
There is currently only one dealer in Ontario. The one I purchased from went belly up two months after I bought my Chieftain last March. Good thing is that the dealer is only 40 minutes away. I buy my Chieftain kits two at a time.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good info, thanks for posting.
I did a search online for the Scout oil change kit to see if I could find it cheaper than the dealer. Found one for $69 at www.faulknercycles.com and I ordered it online. I tried calling for status and their phone is no longer in service. Turns out they aren't open any longer. Since they are over in New Port Richey (about 45 mins from me) I took a drive over and the place is empty and closed. So just to let you all know, don't order from them.
Sorry, it is messed up that they didn't take down their website. I ordered also and I am waiting for my paypal transaction to cancel (currently it is pending).

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Elrod its a shame to hear you fell victim to the old nothing ever dies on the internet. I knew Faulkner motorcycles even did business with them. Originally one of the old style mom and pop operations and the owner right there to talk to. DOT started messing with the road in his original location and so he moved to larger facility. Fell victim to the idea bigger is better and probably a sweet lease deal that morphed into something eating his lunch. The DOT caught up with him again about two years later. That, larger inventory, sales force, sales manager and landlord putting him on his payroll and the story of american main street repeats again. Ironic we are all embracing a brand that suffered a similar fate back in 1953. Polaris and the money might make this work, but it will take some luck and all of us supporting more than our motorcycles we will have to pay for original parts and follow the old english proverb,"In for a penny in for a pound." Hope you do get your credit since no one likes paying for nothing. Had some adventures with cyber banking myself this weekend and to say the least it was an oh sh***t moment. Enjoy the cooler riding weather while it lasts I did yesterday and if I ever get my scout lets have a root beer and triple play at Dannys. Two of them parked in the lot will certainly signal a new wave is comming.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up Elrod its a shame to hear you fell victim to the old nothing ever dies on the internet. I knew Faulkner motorcycles even did business with them. Originally one of the old style mom and pop operations and the owner right there to talk to. DOT started messing with the road in his original location and so he moved to larger facility. Fell victim to the idea bigger is better and probably a sweet lease deal that morphed into something eating his lunch. The DOT caught up with him again about two years later. That, larger inventory, sales force, sales manager and landlord putting him on his payroll and the story of american main street repeats again. Ironic we are all embracing a brand that suffered a similar fate back in 1953. Polaris and the money might make this work, but it will take some luck and all of us supporting more than our motorcycles we will have to pay for original parts and follow the old english proverb,"In for a penny in for a pound." Hope you do get your credit since no one likes paying for nothing. Had some adventures with cyber banking myself this weekend and to say the least it was an oh sh***t moment. Enjoy the cooler riding weather while it lasts I did yesterday and if I ever get my scout lets have a root beer and triple play at Dannys. Two of them parked in the lot will certainly signal a new wave is comming.
Fortunately I used paypal and since Faulkner won't be processing this order the paypal transaction (in pending status with no withdrawl from my bank account) will cancel automatically.
When you get your scout, we will have to do a scout cruise with you, myself, boltsfan, Jay and whoever else in the area that has one. That would be a great time.
Definitely have to do Dannys, great fresh food. :)

·
Founding member
439 Posts
Fortunately I used paypal and since Faulkner won't be processing this order the paypal transaction (in pending status with no withdrawl from my bank account) will cancel automatically.
I used Paypal as well. How long does it take before transaction is cancelled?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used Paypal as well. How long does it take before transaction is cancelled?
It should tell you in your transaction details, but I believe it is almost 30 days. I placed my order on 2 Jan and it will cancel on 30 Jan. Sorry for the trouble, but the good thing is it hasn't come out of your account.

Reactions: Azmark Scout

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
PayPal is pretty prompt with refunds... I got the mail from the dealer that they canceled my order for the kickstand switch order and saw it come back into my account the next day! :D

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
When you get your scout, we will have to do a scout cruise with you, myself, boltsfan, Jay and whoever else in the area that has one. That would be a great time. Definitely have to do Dannys, great fresh food. :)

Just Let me Know ..

·
Registered
733 Posts
When you get your scout, we will have to do a scout cruise with you, myself, boltsfan, Jay and whoever else in the area that has one. That would be a great time. Definitely have to do Dannys, great fresh food. :)

Just Let me Know ..
Checked in with Ocala Today and no other scouts have arrived there after the initial batch. So they are optomistic they are due for more, but Polaris not providing a lot of feedback to them either. Hopefully soon and they did say accessories are starting to show up. Certainly up for a scout invasion at Danny's when we all have them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts