Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded the shocks on my Bobber. I am hoping to find out if the mounting bolts need to be torqued to a certain specification. I am pretty handy but working in motorcycles is pretty new to me and I want to make sure I complete the mods in a way that maintains my bike's safety.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, should give you everything you need.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, should give you everything you need.
Thanks much for sharing this information! Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When did International Harvester start making Bobbers?
Going to order the service manual. Only $25 or so give or take a few $. Figure if I am going to save the money by completing most of my own mods, $25 would be nothing compared to the savings.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
upgraded the shocks on my Bobber. I am hoping to find out if the mounting bolts need to be torqued to a certain specification.
65 foot pounds, or 88 Nm.

(Sincere apologies, I mistakenly wrote 55 so corrected, which was from old info—see this link.
I suspect that might’ve been during confusion with a bigger Indian and early Scout. Not sure.
Doubt they would work loose at 55 foot pounds, but to be on the safe/correct side…!).

Are you sure the Scout manual for $25 is the service one?
Those are usually at least triple that price.
The owners manual would cost less like that.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Okay, yeah, definitely service manual. Just be aware that some of those might have subpar graphics whereas the official manuals have good quality and colors for some things.

There’s also some people sharing theirs, however that is the 2015.

Reactions: Legman37

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, yeah, definitely service manual. Just be aware that some of those might have subpar graphics whereas the official manuals have good quality and colors for some things.

There’s also some people sharing theirs, however that is the 2015.
This is a digital copy to read from an iPad or something similar so there shouldn't be any risk of issues w/ readability.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Please see my first reply, I was using old info so edited my message to correct torque spec.

Current service manuals:
65 foot pounds or 88 Nm.

Reactions: Legman37
1 - 11 of 11 Posts