Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rider
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new resident in NW Arkansas and have a service appointment at Heritage in Rogers in a couple weeks. I normally wash my bike on New Years Day and on my birthday, which is the end of this month.

My question is, does Heritage wash a bike as part of a service? If so, I can do something else on my Birthday.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,957 Posts
Heritage is a great place. I purchased my RM from them and had it worked on there a couple a times but they never washed the bike as part of the service.

·
Rider
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heritage is a great place. I purchased my RM from them and had it worked on there a couple a times but they never washed the bike as part of the service.
Thanks.

·
Gold member
6,414 Posts
I am a new resident in NW Arkansas and have a service appointment at Heritage in Rogers in a couple weeks. I normally wash my bike on New Years Day and on my birthday, which is the end of this month.

My question is, does Heritage wash a bike as part of a service? If so, I can do something else on my Birthday.
Bring it to NY, I’ll wash it for you, once!

·
Rider
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't trust a dealer or anyone else washing my bike, not with the touchy electrical the Injuns have.
If I believed the electronics were that sensitive, I would be putting mine up for sale tomorrow.

·
Silver member
3,146 Posts
If I believed the electronics were that sensitive, I would be putting mine up for sale tomorrow.
I hear ya, but there was a thread up a couple of weeks ago in which the OP mentioned the dealer used a pressure washer on his bike, that's way overkill, stupid in my opinion. I'm think'n a pressure washer in the wrong hands could push water where it shouldn't be. That, and not electrical related, I'm a tad bit fussy about cleaning a painted surface on my bikes, and my truck.

·
Rider
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m a firm believer in keeping pressure washers away from motorcycles along with blowers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I hear ya, but there was a thread up a couple of weeks ago in which the OP mentioned the dealer used a pressure washer on his bike, that's way overkill, stupid in my opinion. I'm think'n a pressure washer in the wrong hands could push water where it shouldn't be. That, and not electrical related, I'm a tad bit fussy about cleaning a painted surface on my bikes, and my truck.
Ok you're scareing me. I do it all the time but I watch where I'm spraying

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heritage is a great dealership! All of the people working there are good people but I've never heard of any washing as part of a service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts