Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2016 HD Street Glide Special
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is XM module included or has to be bought separately ?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
This is not an option for one. If there were I sure it would be on the Indian website.

Reactions: schooner44

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to be sure. Are you telling me you cannot have or there is no way to have XM on challenger. If that’s the case, it’s really a bummer. All that tech and no way to have xm. Man thats just crazy. Here ends my excitement about challenger. Along with no availability of reverse.

·
Rider
624 Posts
Just to be sure. Are you telling me you cannot have or there is no way to have XM on challenger. If that’s the case, it’s really a bummer. All that tech and no way to have xm. Man thats just crazy. Here ends my excitement about challenger. Along with no availability of reverse.
You do realize that you can Bluetooth it from your phone!!! Just sayin

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Not as an Indian option, no XM.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,453 Posts
All is not lost you can buy an XM module and have it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You do realize that you can Bluetooth it from your phone!!! Just sayin
no you cannot if ur out of cell coverage area. Having XM is a big part of riding experience for me.

Reactions: Gearset807

·
Bronze member
4,167 Posts
For having such an advance radio not having XM and android auto are big thumbs down on Indians part. Android auto and Apple car play should be standard on all radios these days.

Polaris most likley does not want to get locked in to a costly contract with apple or android. Indian is a tiny division of Polaris, they are a much smaller company than you think they are.

·
Bronze member
4,167 Posts
Srrius/XM to me is a big waste. Got it back when it first came out. Thought it sucked. Got a 6 month tries in the past 3 years with 2 different vehicles, same impression sucked. Poor bandwidth crappy audio quality. Tons of channels with the same repeated crap. Boring. I guess on a motorcycle the audio can be crappy since the environment is not very audio friendly anyway.

But some like it for the talk radio. I stopped listening to the radio years ago, custom tunes on my memory stick have what I have been using for years now.

·
4,453 Posts
For having such an advance radio not having XM and android auto are big thumbs down on Indians part. Android auto and Apple car play should be standard on all radios these days.
In the long run I think having Apple CarPlay or Android Auto would be cheaper in the long run instead. Basically all you need is the touch screen and your smart phone does the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,667 Posts
In the long run I think having Apple CarPlay or Android Auto would be cheaper in the long run instead. Basically all you need is the touch screen and your smart phone does the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unless you’re out of cell coverage...that’s the only downside.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are only 2 bikes that I am aware of that have Apple Carplay. I do not know of any bike that has Android Auto from factory. The 2 bike's being 2019 and newer HD Touring and Honda Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts

·
4,453 Posts
The BB video makes it clear that your radio must be "SiriusXM Ready" and if not, they would be happy to sell you an audio unit. I must be missing something.
That’s a good question. Give customer service a call and see if the Ride Command is XM ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Roadmaster Icon
69 Posts
You can definitely install SiriusXM on any vehicle that you want. I had it on my 16 RM for years. I have installed it on a couple of my friends older Indians as well. The signal comes through the satellite antenna so there is no need to even bring your cell phone. If it has an FM stereo, it is really simple. There is a switch that plugs into the antenna input of any FM stereo receiver that I've ever seen and the Indian antenna plugs into it. I run the desert southwest every year and am in areas where we may not have cell service for hours at a time and satellites reach anywhere that you aren't blocked from a view of the sky. I would be happy to walk you through an install if you like. Just send me a pm.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts