Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im very serious about getting these muffler next week but im not sure what they sound like in person, I hear the you tube clip but really can't get a good feel. Just wondering if anyone bought these yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Freedom Performance and they said that they are still in production and wont be out till sometime in September or October.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh well, i just took the plunge and ordered a set of Bassani slip ons. I should have on the bike by next week. I will post a review when i get them and let everyone know how they sound.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got the Mufflers on the bike which i bought from West end Motorsport in Pa, great people to deal with, i talked to Mike. The prices are good too. They do sound very nice, slightly louder then the Stage one from Indian but has a more deeper sound. The baffles also can be removed or even cut shorter for a louder sound which i might do this weekend, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got them out in minutes. I used a jack hammer which i hooked it on to the center bar of the baffle and it took a few seconds and they came right out. Took the fiberglass wrapping off completely and it sounds great!! These baffles can't be cut, but once you take all the wrapping off of the baffle its plenty loud enough. It really has a great sound!! It really was a piece of cake, they have a great sound to them especially when you start shifting through the gears. I have heard all the mufflers that are out so far including the True Duals and the Bassani without the fiberglass wrapping sound the best, thats my opinion. You can also leave the wrapping on and the sound is the same. but just alittle quieter. I should have taken a few pics of the baffle with and without the fiberglass. Here is a short video of what it sounds like, i can post a video later at idle if anyone wants to hear it. Thanks to Mike at Westend Motor Sports in Pa for helping me get these Mufflers, they have some great prices and they are very professional and the service is great!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgi0Jn8QiXc

·
Founding member
509 Posts
I'm thinking of getting those same mufflers for my new Chieftain. I listened to your video and they sounded great. Would love to hear one at Idle. Hint, hint. Lol. Did you really need to use a freakin jackhammer to get the baffles out? No other way? I know my way around a tool box but, have never worked on motorcycle exhaust of any kind. Have a Cobra slip-on on my VStar 1300 but no need to change anything. Not sure what woud eed to be done to get the sound you got. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. If you stick with stock airbox do you need any computer update? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
but dose it void you'er warranty if you put on aftermarket pipes ? What about knocking out the plug in you'er pipes dose's that void you'er warranty ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts