Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,553 Posts
I have a Corbin solo seat and the stock passenger seat won't work with it for a couple of reasons: The Corbin doesn't have the matching mount to connect the pillion to the rider seat; and the contour of the Corbin Solo at the back of the seat, isn't the same shape as the stocker.

I also have a Corbin on my Vintage, and I got that with the passenger pad. I have never used it, but if I remember correctly, it didn't add too much to the cost.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe! You’re right. It’s not that much more for the Corbin pillion. (But to my wife? Just one more part! 😂) I was hoping the stock pillion would fit!

Btw Joe, I understand the Classic Solo sits you back a couple of inches? Thinking about the close solo.

·
Bronze member
1,553 Posts
What "extra part?" It comes as one piece, you have to undo two bolts to make it a solo! :) The standard Corbin does move you back about 1.5" which was perfect for me, since I'm 6'1" and appreciate the extra legroom. I am pretty sure they have a photo with a slider that allows you to go back and forth showing the difference.

And I'm sure you've read about it, but Corbin's do take a while to break in - in my case it was about 1,500 miles for both of mine. It's not a big deal, you just have to stick with it and it will be comfort for life then. Some say it takes less time, some say more, so your mileage may vary. Literally...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What "extra part?" It comes as one piece, you have to undo two bolts to make it a solo! :) The standard Corbin does move you back about 1.5" which was perfect for me, since I'm 6'1" and appreciate the extra legroom. I am pretty sure they have a photo with a slider that allows you to go back and forth showing the difference.

And I'm sure you've read about it, but Corbin's do take a while to break in - in my case it was about 1,500 miles for both of mine. It's not a big deal, you just have to stick with it and it will be comfort for life then. Some say it takes less time, some say more, so your mileage may vary. Literally...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was referring to the Corbin passenger pillion as the “one more part” as my wife would say. I’m always buying just one more part she says. And she’s right!

Not sure about the two bolt part. I just want the solo. Not the two piece seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts