Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all:

I just took a slow maneuver training course and as you may imagine i dropped the bike more than once, after i got home feeling really confident how it improved my driving skills, it suddenly come to my mind this tip overs are recorded on the bike computer, so is this of any concern to a dealer refusing to warranty a bike that has fallen ?

Im not in the USA, so dealers around here are really a**holes trying to put everything on the user side

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
It should not affect the warranty, so long as you are not trying to warranty the parts that contacted the ground. For example: "hey, Polaris, the underside of my crash bar is rusting!" That being said, I have never had them hook up the Digital Wrench for a warranty claim on body parts, such as the front fender. The only time they hooked it up for warranty was when my VCU fried, and that was just for diagnostics.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
It shouldn't affect warranty. And although it records tipovers, it doesn't record when they happened. Their only time record is to match the info extracted at each service.

You might have dropped the bike several times in the first year and not for the next three years. If you then take the bike in with a problem they can't point to tipovers as the cause.

It's also worth noting that the tipover sensor sometimes doesn't stop the motor if the bike has highway bars. They prevent the bike going too far on its side and the motor doesn't always stop. Without the sensor tripping there is no record of the tipover on the computer.

·
175 Posts
My mechanic just laughed at me when he said, "Oh, I see you dropped your bike a few times. Figured you would have learned to ride it by now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts