Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Dang, the internet sucks sometimes.

A guy comes in telling a cool story about beating a Challenger off the line and a bunch of curmudgeons come in looking to piss in his cheerios for no good reason. I've seen the numbers and they indicate that a stock 60 can beat a Viper. Why wouldn't a Stage 1 69 be able to beat a Challenger?

And "looks like I struck a nerve" isn't a debate strategy, it's just being a dick.
One who said I was debating.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This was a good read. These bikes are damn fast, especially to be cruisers. I have the 5.7 Hemi in my Grand Cherokee and that thing sounds and feels way faster than it is. It’s still a hoot to drive though and puts a smile on my face every time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow! congratulations! you got dissed by a sales person who didnt ask for your help, Knew instantly what the right bike was for a stranger you never met, and dusted a guy who didnt even know you were going to race!!

Sounds like you like being angry and finding ways to pick fights wiht people who don't even know they were going to be a fight.

So I was out for a nice long ride yesterday...Stopped at an Indian Dealership in Concord NC to check out some swag and look at the purty new bikes. Saw a young dude with his father trying to decide what bike he wanted. He was sitting on a black scout like my own and I told him he was looking at the right bike. Took he and his Dad outside so they could here mine with stage one exhaust and what some other mods look like on the bike. His eyes lit up when I he heard that rumble and I told him how much I love the bike. We discussed the bike in detail and he and his father were very gracious and thankful for the info and looked like they were ready to pull the trigger. Of course the sales guy who walked out behind them didn't have a word of thanks for me and didn't even acknowledge me (typical dumb ass sales guy). So I'm riding back closer to home to stop for a couple of cold adult beverages after a long ride, and I end up behind a Dodge Challenger. Guy had a custom exhaust and lots of mods and let's just say it was a nice looking Challenger ready to roll. So I don't feel like sucking his exhaust anymore so we get to the next light and I swing out next to him and just going to gas it a little to get around him. (Well let's face it I kinda always gas it at the light because I can't help myself... that's why I bought the damn thing) Well I guess he saw that as a challenge so when the light turns he lays into it to show me who is boss. Unfortunately my rearview mirror is a bit to small to have seen the look on that good ol' boys face as my old ass on my little scout just walked away from his bad ass ride. At a quarter mile I put my hand up to wonder where he went and look back to see he already threw in the towel. Just goes to show when you come up to NC with Florida plates either drive like a man or go back to where you came from. This is the land of NASCAR and racing, especially on an empty road outside of Concord. Love my scout!

View attachment 517714

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Boy someone's an angry person. I'm sorry you bought a HD, maybe when you grow up you will make better decisions.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes I do. I live in Freezeland Manor. Been here since October 2004. Was first one to close and move in to the Freezeland Manor sub-division. Small world brother.
You're just down the road from my old stomping grounds. My mom still lives just down the road a bit. She was just talking about getting some donuts from the Apple House just last week.

·
Rider
969 Posts
Old folks get super excited when they beat V6 Challengers that weigh 4300lbs on their motorcycles...

and he got the bike to rev at every stop light - sounds small town North Carolina...

·
Rider
374 Posts
Very odd coincidence, this morning a guy in a sharp looking blue Dodge Challenger with decent rumble flagged me down. It was in our rural neighborhood, we were both turning onto the same street from opposite directions, I let him go first. He drives ahead a ways, stops in the road, rolls down his window and flags me down. I would not recommend doing this in many Florida cities, but its different in ones own north FL country neighborhood. As I pull up alongside, I am thinking of this thread wondering if somehow he heard or saw it and wanted to see if the rumor was true, which, with a stop sign 1/4 mile ahead, was not a good idea. Nope, he just wanted to say hi, owned a motorcycle shop in town, had a few indians for sale, and really admired mine, and if I wanted another Indian, to come visit. Two years now on the willow green and cream Scout and still get complements every time I go out, but first time I had anyone flag me down.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Old folks get super excited when they beat V6 Challengers that weigh 4300lbs on their motorcycles...

and he got the bike to rev at every stop light - sounds small town North Carolina...

Yep typical dumb ass from Texas. In NC we know all about cars but you got me when it comes to cows and Tex Mex. ;)

·
Rider
969 Posts
Yep typical dumb ass from Texas. In NC we know all about cars but you got me when it comes to cows and Tex Mex. ;)
You sound like you don't own an actual car...

If you do, is it a Hyundai ??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
You sound like you don't own an actual car...

If you do, is it a Hyundai ??
  • Yep you got me there Tex. Let’s see I own a Mercedes Benz E300 for the wife. I drive a Ford Expedition that I use to haul my 20’ boat with a Yamaha F150, to our house at the coast. Just bought my son a used VW Passat with 20k on it since he be heading to a shitty little college next year called Duke University. Plus I’ve got a daughter ready drive so my insurance bill will really suck for a few more years, but you know family comes first. Not really familiar with Hyundai is that made in Mexico 🇲🇽... oh I mean Texas. Love my scout it’s my toy for being an old guy. Paid cash for it.
    7A47E868-D385-4928-BBD0-C48E760179C3.jpeg
    by the way here is that small town NC I live in. We just dumb ass Hicks round here but a least we ain’t from Texas

·
Rider
969 Posts
  • Yep you got me there Tex. Let’s see I own a Mercedes Benz E300 for the wife. I drive a Ford Expedition that I use to haul my 20’ boat with a Yamaha F150, to our house at the coast. Just bought my son a used VW Passat with 20k on it since he be heading to a shitty little college next year called Duke University. Plus I’ve got a daughter ready drive so my insurance bill will really suck for a few more years, but you know family comes first. Not really familiar with Hyundai is that made in Mexico 🇲🇽... oh I mean Texas. Love my scout it’s my toy for being an old guy. Paid cash for it.
    View attachment 591024
    by the way here is that small town NC I live in. We just dumb ass Hicks round here but a least we ain’t from Texas
So you come in here boasting you "know about cars", then list some cars you own that can found in most flea markets...

at least those cars are cool in that town you live in...

almost as cool as that V6 Challenger you raced...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So you come in here boasting you "know about cars", then list some cars you own that can found in most flea markets...

at least those cars are cool in that town you live in...

almost as cool as that V6 Challenger you raced...
Ok Paco you win. Enjoy the flea market today😂

41 - 58 of 58 Posts