Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I’m having a couple of beers at the moment and this is very entertaining. A Dodge Challenger is a bad ass ride. If it’s an SRT it’s a super bad ass ride. With over 485 hp it would destroy a scout at distance-no fucking doubt. But off the line a scout will take it every time unless the rider just sucks. If your driving your SRT with that much torque you are more than likely going to spin your tires unless you are a pro if you really gas it and I’m going to take you every time. I’m sorry with the weight difference and smooth shifting I will eat your lunch. You’ll catch me of course as well you should. This is the funny part. I’m just saying this guy yesterday gave up real quick when i started pulling away. I found that amusing considering it was an open road Just like Trump if you ignore the facts and make up your own Bullshit and keep repeating it... it will still never be true no matter how much you want it to be. ;) Challengers rule!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I’m having a couple of beers at the moment and this is very entertaining. A Dodge Challenger is a bad ass ride. If it’s an SRT it’s a super bad ass ride. With over 485 hp it would destroy a scout at distance-no fucking doubt. But off the line a scout will take it every time unless the rider just sucks. If your driving your SRT with that much torque you are more than likely going to spin your tires unless you are a pro if you really gas it and I’m going to take you every time. I’m sorry with the weight difference and smooth shifting I will eat your lunch. You’ll catch me of course as well you should. This is the funny part. I’m just saying this guy yesterday gave up real quick when i started pulling away. I found that amusing considering it was an open road Just like Trump if you ignore the facts and make up your own Bullshit and keep repeating it... it will still never be true no matter how much you want it to be. ;) Challengers rule!
I take it you’ll be voting for the green new deal in 2020. Might as well trade our bikes in on electric mopeds. Lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
great sunday reading!!! keep em coming

·
Registered
582 Posts
Op did you at least get your free flat track flag there yesterday?!? I was at Ride Now Indian of Concord around 9:30 and got one! Wonder what salesman it was. I know a couple are pretty cool guys.

·
Rider
602 Posts
Viper trucks are pretty bad ass. Pretty heavy though.
Yea my thoughts exactly that it’s pretty heavy. I saw one the other day and now seeing this thread made me wonder. The one I saw was super loud and looked really nice. I’m sure he had money into it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yea my thoughts exactly that it’s pretty heavy. I saw one the other day and now seeing this thread made me wonder. The one I saw was super loud and looked really nice. I’m sure he had money into it.
They ain’t cheap. Run about the same cost as a Viper. Big bad ass V10 in em.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Op good stuff here and not challenging your statements and glad the guy didn’t create any issues like tailgating you and or trying to run you off the road eventually. And I have owned many Mopars over the years and most recently the Hellcats. And I have owned the 5.7 HEMI and the 392s as well. I have raced the 5.7 HEMI in my SRT 392 and even for me I was like what that thing is sloooow. So good chance you smoked a HEMI lol. And I owned the SRT Viper trucks and those things just pulled like crazy and all the BMW car people would always want to race and then they would flick me off lol for smoking them.
741C88A0-86F6-41C0-98FC-844B4088B973.jpeg

457944A2-BAFD-4358-8388-D68A1B78520F.jpeg

79469BC2-4FD2-4241-81B8-699CC17BED6F.jpeg

9E5326EB-E129-4ADD-9DD0-F84C94142E2A.jpeg

C6ADEF45-C512-4435-A6E2-CB735A608725.jpeg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dang, the internet sucks sometimes.

A guy comes in telling a cool story about beating a Challenger off the line and a bunch of curmudgeons come in looking to piss in his cheerios for no good reason. I've seen the numbers and they indicate that a stock 60 can beat a Viper. Why wouldn't a Stage 1 69 be able to beat a Challenger?

And "looks like I struck a nerve" isn't a debate strategy, it's just being a dick.

·
Diamond member
8,814 Posts
Why is this so hard to believe? It's not rocket science... it's the simple math..
Frankly, math that brought me from cars, to bikes in the First place.. cheap Lil bikes used to blow me away in my camaro when it was considered a fast car..
SRT
4450lbs @ 485hp= 9.1 pounds per HP.
Scout
554lbs @ 100hp= 5.5 pounds per HP.
Sure, given more length/time (HP=work over time) the car will win, but street jaunts? damn near every car will get walked by even mundane bikes......

·
Rider
756 Posts
So I was out for a nice long ride yesterday...Stopped at an Indian Dealership in Concord NC to check out some swag and look at the purty new bikes. Saw a young dude with his father trying to decide what bike he wanted. He was sitting on a black scout like my own and I told him he was looking at the right bike. Took he and his Dad outside so they could here mine with stage one exhaust and what some other mods look like on the bike. His eyes lit up when I he heard that rumble and I told him how much I love the bike. We discussed the bike in detail and he and his father were very gracious and thankful for the info and looked like they were ready to pull the trigger. Of course the sales guy who walked out behind them didn't have a word of thanks for me and didn't even acknowledge me (typical dumb ass sales guy). So I'm riding back closer to home to stop for a couple of cold adult beverages after a long ride, and I end up behind a Dodge Challenger. Guy had a custom exhaust and lots of mods and let's just say it was a nice looking Challenger ready to roll. So I don't feel like sucking his exhaust anymore so we get to the next light and I swing out next to him and just going to gas it a little to get around him. (Well let's face it I kinda always gas it at the light because I can't help myself... that's why I bought the damn thing) Well I guess he saw that as a challenge so when the light turns he lays into it to show me who is boss. Unfortunately my rearview mirror is a bit to small to have seen the look on that good ol' boys face as my old ass on my little scout just walked away from his bad ass ride. At a quarter mile I put my hand up to wonder where he went and look back to see he already threw in the towel. Just goes to show when you come up to NC with Florida plates either drive like a man or go back to where you came from. This is the land of NASCAR and racing, especially on an empty road outside of Concord. Love my scout!

View attachment 517714
Awesome,, ain’t raced any cars yet,, I did race a Harley 107 ,, and just like you and the rear view mirror,, home boy was way back there,, so , at the next light, Mr 107 pulls up next to me and says,, “ DAMN YOUR BIKE IS FAST “ I says,, “ yeah ,, it’s fast,, and 300lbs lighter than yours” . So,,, 69 CI V/S 107 CI,, over head cams win every time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
vinny always wins

·
Rider
724 Posts
Boy did I hit a nerve. Anyway, it’s your story. Tell it how ever you want. You tell it so enthusiastically. Enjoy your bike bro. Later
Hey, do you live up on Freezeland? i had a house on Freezeland manor for several years. Still miss the Apple House and Fox Valley Winery.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yes I do. I live in Freezeland Manor. Been here since October 2004. Was first one to close and move in to the Freezeland Manor sub-division. Small world brother.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts