Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out for a nice long ride yesterday...Stopped at an Indian Dealership in Concord NC to check out some swag and look at the purty new bikes. Saw a young dude with his father trying to decide what bike he wanted. He was sitting on a black scout like my own and I told him he was looking at the right bike. Took he and his Dad outside so they could here mine with stage one exhaust and what some other mods look like on the bike. His eyes lit up when I he heard that rumble and I told him how much I love the bike. We discussed the bike in detail and he and his father were very gracious and thankful for the info and looked like they were ready to pull the trigger. Of course the sales guy who walked out behind them didn't have a word of thanks for me and didn't even acknowledge me (typical dumb ass sales guy). So I'm riding back closer to home to stop for a couple of cold adult beverages after a long ride, and I end up behind a Dodge Challenger. Guy had a custom exhaust and lots of mods and let's just say it was a nice looking Challenger ready to roll. So I don't feel like sucking his exhaust anymore so we get to the next light and I swing out next to him and just going to gas it a little to get around him. (Well let's face it I kinda always gas it at the light because I can't help myself... that's why I bought the damn thing) Well I guess he saw that as a challenge so when the light turns he lays into it to show me who is boss. Unfortunately my rearview mirror is a bit to small to have seen the look on that good ol' boys face as my old ass on my little scout just walked away from his bad ass ride. At a quarter mile I put my hand up to wonder where he went and look back to see he already threw in the towel. Just goes to show when you come up to NC with Florida plates either drive like a man or go back to where you came from. This is the land of NASCAR and racing, especially on an empty road outside of Concord. Love my scout!

IMG_7472.jpg

·
Not for much longer
392 Posts
6 cylinder Challenger?

·
Registered
861 Posts
6 cylinder Challenger?
Just what I was thinking. Lol That or he didn’t know how to drive it. I owned a 08 Challenger SRT and an 06 Viper SRT. I also own a Bobber. I know first hand what those SRT cars are capable of off the line. You better be pointing straight when you stand on the accelerator in one one of those. No Scout would walk away from the ones I owned.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,308 Posts
I'm seriously thinking it must've been a V6 Challenger. No way is a Scout gonna beat a Hemi V8.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Or it could be he did like I do when I'm in my turbo charged convertible, people pull up next to me and do stuff like that. I just rev up the motor watch them take off and chuckle to myself and drive normally.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that's great guys I'm glad your Dodges are so much faster than any of the actual times clearly listed on multiple car websites which are readily available online. Dodge Charger SRT 0-60 in about 4.2. I can peg my scout @ 60 in about 3.6. Now I don't really follow this new math thing, but I believe that is faster than a dodge. So numbers typically don't lie... unless of course your one of those fake news people who only believe in there own bullshit. ;) So guy had a nice looking car and thought he would give me a go, I didn't initiate it but enjoyed the ride. Now I did say he had Florida plates, but we won't even get into that part of it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well that's great guys I'm glad your Dodges are so much faster than any of the actual times clearly listed on multiple car websites which are readily available online. Dodge Charger SRT 0-60 in about 4.2. I can peg my scout @ 60 in about 3.6. Now I don't really follow this new math thing, but I believe that is faster than a dodge. So numbers typically don't lie... unless of course your one of those fake news people who only believe in there own bullshit. ;) So guy had a nice looking car and thought he would give me a go, I didn't initiate it but enjoyed the ride. Now I did say he had Florida plates, but we won't even get into that part of it.
Go get em Tiger. Educate me, how does one use a stop watch on a motorcycle to time themself in a 0-60 or a quarter mile?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a performance intake with state 1 exhaust and a custom tune. I'll race your SRT for pink slips. Want to go?
Boy did I hit a nerve. Anyway, it’s your story. Tell it how ever you want. You tell it so enthusiastically. Enjoy your bike bro. Later

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just putting the facts out there for you. I love those Dodge Challengers just trying to pick one up for cheap. :) I've got a 16 year old who just got his license. I need to buy another car like yesterday ! LOL

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just putting the facts out there for you. I love those Dodge Challengers just trying to pick one up for cheap. :) I've got a 16 year old who just got his license. I need to buy another car like yesterday ! LOL
They got a new charger out. Claimed as the fastest sedan on the road.

·
Rider
1,162 Posts
I own a 19 Bobber, a 2011 SRT Challenger and a 2015 SRT Challenger...

You probably ran a V6 with some glasspacks...

The SRT would have ruined your life, just like my wife did to me one weekend when I was on the Bobber...

485hp and an automatic 8 speed is going to trash a Bobber in any gear, at any speed...

....my Bobber is Stage 1 and my SRT's are stock with mufflers only....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok once again the numbers don’t lie. I’m sorry guys but no matter how much you want to believe how awesome your car is (and it is) you weren’t there and I know what a freaking v8 is. So quit giving me the Trump line. Maybe the guy dialed it back when I took him from the line who knows, but it is what it is. Peace ✌ out.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ok once again the numbers don’t lie. I’m sorry guys but no matter how much you want to believe how awesome your car is (and it is) you weren’t there and I know what a freaking v8 is. So quit giving me the Trump line. Peace ✌ out.
Lol, the Scout might do 0-60 in 3.6 sec in a controlled environment and with a pro test rider on it. The guy in the Challenger was probably bored, lol

Anyway wtf is a Trump line? I ain’t heard that one yet. Sounds funny though.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts