Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Wheeldock for the Chieftain. If you have one specific for H-Ds, please DO NOT attempt to
dock an Indian onto it. Will damage the valanced front fender. The Indian-specific Wheeldock is their new design out of Stillwater, OK. DISCLAIMER: I own no stock nor have any truck with Wheeldock nor am I a paid endorser. They just happen to make a damned strong, stable docking system that necessarily keeps the bike vertical for oil checks/changes/storage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D-Roz, the Wheeldock model for Chieftain is Model #8. I am embarrassed to say I am somewhat of a Luddite: don't know how to attach photo with my posts here. But please click 'Wheeldock' on google (look for the Indian-specific model #8); or call them at 405-743-8080. Also, from their invoice, you may email them at [email protected] BTW, you can use their sturdy docking system for trailering your bike. Saves the hassle of strapping scratches. I have used other brands, tubular-steel types. None is as sturdy as the Wheeldock. Around $250 + S&H. All the best, Nantan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm waiting for mine, the snow delated delievery. It's in town but since it's UPS the package Nazi's I've got to wait for Monday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Just saw the video on how it works. That's pretty dope. And the cost *looks* justifiable, especially for short folks like myself.

But I wonder if the cheapo harbor freight works just as well, albeit differently.

-kg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, I've seen another similar type modified to work on the Indians, so if you have one already a hack saw or cutting tool will get the job done and save you a few bucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
18515 said:
The 'cheapo' Harbor Freight one works great for my Chief Classic.
I'm buying one tomotrrow. I hope my short legs can handle getting it out of the stand. 25% off coupon baby!

-kg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
18515 said:
The 'cheapo' Harbor Freight one works great for my Chief Classic.
Does the upright shaft clear the fender lip? Mine just arrived, and I can't see how it's not going to hit - just like the condor Pit Stop did. Am I doing something wrong?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It will be close, but it won't hit. Make sure the rear support is all the way back, and the short side is up... Easy peasy. I also went to my local hardware store and got some nylon washers to put on either side of the rear support to take out any lateral play. Works great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay I will give it a shot- just a little freaked and don't want to bink it up! I did figure the short side had to be up on the cradle and will probably ad some washers as well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered a Wheeldock myself a few days ago. After looking at their website and seeing the video, I was convinced. It should be here any day now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kindredghost - you make a good point. Over the years I have learned, the hard way, how to avoid 'SAVING MONEY.' In this most recent case I went for the Black Widow wheel chock. Yep sure saved money this time. For $79.99 plus shipping I was all set. After one trip and multiple attempts in the garage it has become a great gift for my son, his sport bike goes in and out of the stand with ease. My HD did not as I could not push in or ride into the stand without it sliding across the floor. After careful measurements should I try the Chieftain? It should work...then Nantan shared the wheel dock. No rocking in or out and it actual holds the tire. This would of been great during that first oil change I did.

My total cost for saving money has now risen to $362.72...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
D-roz, I agree. It has been my experience that spending the money necessary to buy a product that works well the first time will save you money in the long term. Several years ago, I was looking at a display of Earthwalker boots at a convention. I questioned spending $500.00 for a pair of cutom made boots, then I realized that I had spent about $700.00 in the previous five years or so buying boots that I ended up not wearing because they would cause my feet to blister. I've had those Earthwalker boots for about eight years now, and after getting them resoled, I'm still wearing them. They're the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts