Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
How many of you who are running richer than stock know what AFR you are at?
Do any of you have soot in your pipes?
Riding with my Dobeck’d ‘15 Roadmaster - with other DIY mods - many happy miles now. The engine DOES run cooler. Bike went from being ‘EPA Approved’ to what my bike is at present: Unleashed!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are talking sooty ‘OEM’ exhaust pipes, or the less restrictive aftermarkets like V&H or Samson’s?
My stage 2 set up, cams, pipes with gut and 4.5 4.5 5.5 .5 1.0 and 1.0 soot up in about 300 miles.
I can control clack either way, I have none with the above settings.
If you have a big milage drop, check your ground wire.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
The Ejk came combo with Arlen Ness torque box off amazon, both was easy to install, made quite a difference immediately, my bike was pretty quick, torquey when I first bought (used already had slip-one and Indian stage 1) but after this combo it runs like a coked out cheetah. I’m 6’2” 260lbs and I’ll tell ya everytime I open it up it feels like the thing is gonna do a wheelie. I haven’t dynoed it yet planned on that in next month or so. It’s easy to operator and understand and dobeck has amazing customer support polite and quick to response.
"Coked out cheetah". Hilarious!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,

Anyone know Dobeck AFR+ ?

Ordered instead of EJK, as Dobeck is advertising it as the next gen and compatible with my ‘15 RM, but they omit to say that the wideband O2 sensor is too large to fit the oem bung, so a custom bung must be welded to the header at a very precise angle... WTF ?

Anyone know if I can discard the wideband O2 sensor and make the AFR+ work as a EJK ?

Sent an email to Dobeck last week, no response !

Ordered last year from EU, so I’m pretty f-ed up for exchange ☹

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello Guys,

My setup Chief Classic;
Decat,Lloydz exhaust without baffle,Voodoo Air cleaner,Dobeck EJK
recommend settings from Dobeck;G3.5 Y5 R5 GB1 YB1 RB6

So i have done a test drive,popping on the end of the gear,34m/g,
throttle response oké but not fast,has somebody other recommend settings for me.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Try calling Dobeck On Monday. I have a different setup.
G- 2.5
Y- 3
R-3
GB- 1.5
YB- .5
RB- 1.5
Dobeck EJK, Freedom Performance True Duals, Lloyd's Air Cleaner.
The "Dude" at Dobeck told me the Green would affect the decel. pop.
Play with it.

·
Bronze member
2,006 Posts
Hello Guys,

My setup Chief Classic;
Decat,Lloydz exhaust without baffle,Voodoo Air cleaner,Dobeck EJK
recommend settings from Dobeck;G3.5 Y5 R5 GB1 YB1 RB6

So i have done a test drive,popping on the end of the gear,34m/g,
throttle response oké but not fast,has somebody other recommend settings for me.
Thanks
Im runing 3.5-4-4.5 Works for me, 15 Chieftain. but have a PV-3 and will install soon

·
Registered
99 Posts
TuningHQ,
My setup
Decat
Voodoo AC
Lloydz exhaust w/o baffle
Dobeck EJK
Do you have for me the recommend adjusting
settings on my EJK

·
Rider
762 Posts
Dobecks customer service is top notch. They picked right up and the guy that answered the phone answered all my questions.
Great foot notes, looks like a easy install, like the o2 cen drain plug thing,,so,, I have a 2019 Scout icon abs. I am thinking of a Dobeck EJK. Currently have the OEM HI flow air box and rineharts slip ons. And the flash card all installed by Indian. Runs great, fast, lots of power, has a little popcorn on deceleration, I can live with it it’s not real bad. raced a 107 light to light and beat his ass bad,,, think I need a EJK,,? I do want more power, cooler temperatures. Would you recommend it for my 2019 Scout. I enjoyed reading your EJK INSTALL.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great foot notes, looks like a easy install, like the o2 cen drain plug thing,,so,, I have a 2019 Scout icon abs. I am thinking of a Dobeck EJK. Currently have the OEM HI flow air box and rineharts slip ons. And the flash card all installed by Indian. Runs great, fast, lots of power, has a little popcorn on deceleration, I can live with it it’s not real bad. raced a 107 light to light and beat his ass bad,,, think I need a EJK,,? I do want more power, cooler temperatures. Would you recommend it for my 2019 Scout. I enjoyed reading your EJK INSTALL.
I wouldn’t put the EJK on that set up. you probably won’t be able to dial it in better than the flash from Indian can. If you want a better set up I would go with the PV-3, which might squeeze out some more gains over the Indian flash. The EJK is better than stock, but unless you’ve got an AFR gauge you might not notice much of a difference

·
Rider
762 Posts
I wouldn’t put the EJK on that set up. you probably won’t be able to dial it in better than the flash from Indian can. If you want a better set up I would go with the PV-3, which might squeeze out some more gains over the Indian flash. The EJK is better than stock, but unless you’ve got an AFR gauge you might not notice much of a difference
Thanks KAWA,, yeah,, I think your right, right now it’s good, runs like she should,. EJK SOUNDED EASYER than the fuel Moto EV-3. So ,, I’ll ride it like it is till I hear or need something better. ,, When I heard FBW the first time,, they weren’t kidding,,, it does FLY...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Negative. No codes, no problems. I should have taken a photo of the 02 bypass connectors. Basically a female connector with resistors looped into the circuit. Not sure how it works, but it does.

Saturday 05/02/15 Update: I just got back from an 85 mile ride up through the twists to Ojai, Ca, and then back through Ventura. I am very impressed with the Dobeck. No issues at all. Runs better than ever and feels much more capable when you lay on the throttle.
I just found out I have this installed on my 2016 Scout. I bought it used. I was (and still am occasionally) having revving issues while the clutch is engaged. I asked the previous owner if any tuning was ever done on it, but he said no. He told me there was a trickle charger on the bike and I just lifted the seat to see how that was connected. Come to find out, the bike has an EJK installed on it, so it is tuned. However, I have no idea how to use this thing. I am positive the revving is a tuning issue. I can’t seem to get onto the EJK website to find the manual on it. And I have no idea what the first step with this thing is. Any help? :/

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just found out I have this installed on my 2016 Scout. I bought it used. I was (and still am occasionally) having revving issues while the clutch is engaged. I asked the previous owner if any tuning was ever done on it, but he said no. He told me there was a trickle charger on the bike and I just lifted the seat to see how that was connected. Come to find out, the bike has an EJK installed on it, so it is tuned. However, I have no idea how to use this thing. I am positive the revving is a tuning issue. I can’t seem to get onto the EJK website to find the manual on it. And I have no idea what the first step with this thing is. Any help? :/
I was able to find this but I still have no idea what it is saying lol. How do I know what every mode should be set to???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gonna take the leap. After reading all these posts I can't wait to get a Dobeck EJK on my Vintage. I absolutely love the torque of my bike but the fact that it runs out of steam once it gets over 3500rpm with the stock tune and a/c is frustrating. Gonna be a fun summer.

321 - 340 of 341 Posts