Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dropping the YB to 2 really improved throttle response. Way snappier now.

Still trying to figure out the rich smell though. I didn't have it before the EJK. Clacking is less but not gone.

·
German rider
715 Posts
Same expieriences as you , but then I got the PVCX.
Clack is gone due altered Timing Map.
Able to switch it on/off via jumping between worse OEM Mapping and the altered one.

Btw... anybody interested in an used low price EJK in european area?

·
Registered
174 Posts
These are my summer (South Texas) settings;
G: 4
Y: 4.5
R: 4.5
GB: 1.5
YB: 1.5
RB: 4.5
Went up some because my plugs looked lean. May back down yellow because of popping on de-cel. Let us know what you come up with shovelchief!

No cat, Vance & Hines turn downs and K&N A/C (P/N RC-9880). High temps, humid and at sea level.

·
German rider
715 Posts
Yes, it is a great solution for many (not all of course) of the Clacker called TS111.
The OEM Ignition Timing especially on Stage2 engines has crazy advances that effects knock.... "Clack" in the RPM range you mentioned.

Search this forum about clacker and PVCX.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I guess I'll have to play with this EJK for a bit and see if I can get the Thunderclacker calmed down to be bearable. If not I may have to go that route.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I got the fuel smell figured out. It has nothing to do with fuel. It’s just the case breather vent that dumps into the monster sucker. The fumes are blowing back in my face.

So back to dialling in the EJK

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is it not better to position this Breather Vent at another not critical place?
Apart from the Blowby Gases, this tube exhausts some Oil Foam too, and the condensed/collected Oil will drip down.
True. I could have run the hose below the frame like my Harley but didn't want people to think I had a Harley leak! LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
I figured out the same thing and ran a hose from the vent down the frame to the ground. Smell gone. Sucking noise greatly diminished.

Now I just need to get rid of the clack. I don't know if the EJK can manage it though. I turned up my yellow zone and it seems that the clack is gone when the engine s cold. However as soon as it warms up it's back...same range, 1900-2400 RPM. So this makes me think it is all about timing...too advanced and getting some detonation when the engine is warmed up. I'm going to try some octane boost. If that helps then I know it's detonation....And time to take it to Indian with my evidence.

Make sense?

Aside from that the EJK is great for my throttle response and the ending feels great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does the o2 sensors have to be completely removed and plugged or the bypasses just be plugged in and the o2 plug laid out of the way?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Does the o2 sensors have to be completely removed and plugged or the bypasses just be plugged in and the o2 plug laid out of the way?
No need to remove the O2 sensor, just plug in the bypass and secure the wires so they don't touch the exhaust

Reactions: Gilkerson

·
Registered
18 Posts
how do you your dobeck so far??
The Ejk came combo with Arlen Ness torque box off amazon, both was easy to install, made quite a difference immediately, my bike was pretty quick, torquey when I first bought (used already had slip-one and Indian stage 1) but after this combo it runs like a coked out cheetah. I’m 6’2” 260lbs and I’ll tell ya everytime I open it up it feels like the thing is gonna do a wheelie. I haven’t dynoed it yet planned on that in next month or so. It’s easy to operator and understand and dobeck has amazing customer support polite and quick to response.

·
Bronze member
2,006 Posts
The Ejk came combo with Arlen Ness torque box off amazon, both was easy to install, made quite a difference immediately, my bike was pretty quick, torquey when I first bought (used already had slip-one and Indian stage 1) but after this combo it runs like a coked out cheetah. I’m 6’2” 260lbs and I’ll tell ya everytime I open it up it feels like the thing is gonna do a wheelie. I haven’t dynoed it yet planned on that in next month or so. It’s easy to operator and understand and dobeck has amazing customer support polite and quick to response.
ive had one on mine for around 1 1/2 yrs now and am very pleased with it makes a big difference.

·
Banned
151 Posts
I installed the Dobeck Performance EJK kit this morning and took her out for a test ride.....!

*See manufacturers PDF Install Sheet ant the bottom of this post.

HELPFUL NOTES:

1./ If you running the original AC you may have to remove it. If you have the smaller aftermarket foot print ACs you can work around it. I'm running an S & S AC. Raise the tank as far as possible blocking it up with a piece of 2x4.

2./ The kit comes with two 02 sensor bypasses that plug into the 02 sensor connectors. If you want to have the install look cleaner you can take the 02 sensors out of the loop completely by removing them from both the front and rear head pipes. The threaded holes in the head pipes are M12-1.25 pitch. Two choices; you can cut down two M12-1.25x20mm or 30mm bolts cut down to 10mm (10mm bolts in size M12 are impossible to find) or you can get two M12-1.25 oil drain plugs and copper crush washers to plug the sensor holes. The metric oil drain plugs can be found at most local auto parts stores.

3./ Squeezing your hands in under the tank to release the injector connectors is a royal pain in the butt. Small hands are better. Ask your wife, GF or kid to help you if available. You’ll need a dental pick or equivalent to release the connector clips. I found that using one of those paint can opener tools worked better. The little hook at the end was perfect.
*Removing tank completely will make things easier if your tank is empty.

4./ I routed the wires up under the tank and mounted the EJK unit on top of the fuse box with the included adhesive velcro patches.

5./ Total installation time was 90 minutes.

IMPRESSIONS:

Throttle response is clearly snappier. Off idle smoothness was improved. The engine seemed to run cooler due to a richer fuel mixture. The valves even quieted down a bit with the richer fuel mixture. Overall a better solution than the regular Stage 1 flash. Overall performance is better and more responsive with more power as well. The sleeping giant has been awakened!

At the end of my test ride, I took my sickle out on an empty stretch of highway and for the first time I nailed the throttle full open from 2nd. gear to 6th gear. The things pulls like a freight train an sounds amazing.

View attachment 11574 View attachment 11575 View attachment 11577 View attachment 11576 View attachment 11578

View attachment 11580 View attachment 11579
Installed the Dobeck more than a year ago; threw away the O2 sensors, installed true duals from Samson, and voila! Cochise (my ‘15 RM) runs at optimum.... far richer than the oem epa-azzkissing lean anorexic pos it was before those simple mods. Oh, my friend’s wife’s long small hands/fingers did the unplugging-plugging-in. The TS-111 is unleashed and runs cooler. (Just to get best results, I called the dobeck inventor for tips on BEST settings. Grateful to him and his Dobeck.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It sure makes my engine run cooler and that is the main reason I put it in. The performance improvement is a bonus.

301 - 320 of 341 Posts