Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Dobeck Controller yesterday and was looking at some places to install it. I know Enzo put his under the seat and that would be fine if I never had to adjust it.
I have the FP Duals, a K&N air filter on order and who knows what's in the future. After I put the intake on I plan on renting or borrowing an AFR to maximize my tune. Being as the K&N is not "Stage 1" or any tested intake, it makes sense to me to use the tools that I have and get it right.
I would rather not have to remove and reinstall the seat after every run during testing to adjust the fuel.
I don't want it on the dash (not sure the wires would reach anyway).
I am thinking that it would fit under the right side panel. Being as the right side is easier to take off and reinstall, it might just work.

I'm really just fishing for ideas...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Behind the left side panel under the seat here...velcro'd to the fuse box cover. Easy to get to, 3 bolts, yet safe from the elements and unwanted tampering.

Reactions: sbonder

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just got my Dobeck Controller yesterday and was looking at some places to install it. I know Enzo put his under the seat and that would be fine if I never had to adjust it.
I have the FP Duals, a K&N air filter on order and who knows what's in the future. After I put the intake on I plan on renting or borrowing an AFR to maximize my tune. Being as the K&N is not "Stage 1" or any tested intake, it makes sense to me to use the tools that I have and get it right.
I would rather not have to remove and reinstall the seat after every run during testing to adjust the fuel.
I am thinking that it would fit under the right side panel. Being as the right side is easier to take off and reinstall, it might just work.

Left side panel. Velcroed on fuse box

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Top of fuse box

·
German rider
691 Posts
For mounting my fresh delivered EJK I took a closer look a few hours before.
The place on top of the fuse box should be my choice too.
But my hands are to big, the injectors behind hundreds of tubes and the original wiring harness ist so stiff ...

Which ist the best way to put in in my Dark Horse?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Top of the fuse box, but I pulled the label for the fuses off and stuck it in my owners manual. Yes I keep my manual in my bag at all times.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That seems to be the most logical location. I'll just have to unscrew and remove my JES Custom oil temp guage dipstick and loosely screw in the OEM dipstick before removing the plastic side cover. The new dipstick is in the way. Not a big deal.
I mounted mine beneath the side cover on the right side. Just stuck it to the frame. Wires are plenty long enough to reach the battery.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
I did mine on right side. Clean the flat part of the frame with something and put one half of the velcro pad there. Easier because it is on the side LEANING UP while on the kickstand. And you are on that side while putting the wiring down to the plugs for the O2 sensors. At least I was. The right side cover snaps right on. No problem whatsoever.

Now I see some people have theirs behind the windshield or on a pieces of metal attached to the screws on top of the nacelle. I was a bad bad kid back in the day and that would be the first thing I would mess with if I was after this or that guy. Just sayin'............

Plus it screams modifications. Some.............said some...............dealers still frown on that stuff and if yo go in for anything warranty, it could mean a little hassle if not a denial. Said 'could' ................been at dealers where they are waiting to see this. Just a FYI. Hide it. Enzo's way is good too. I may have went that way if I saw this before

·
Registered
22 Posts

You have had some time since you got the Dobeck EJK. What kind of settings did you end up with the K&N Filter?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts