Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chief Dark Horse
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am riding Chief Dark Horse 2018 with the Ripper Intake (by Marcus),RCX slipons and Dobeck EJK. Exhaust header is still with cat. My EJK settings are 3,5,5,1,2.5,1.
When I accelerate slowly it is ok and smooth, however when I am in middle RPMs (2300-2400) and open full throttle to accelerate I get a little lag till I reach around 2700/2800 RPMs. It feels sluggish and than it kicks in. When fully accelerating from higher RPMs it is ok and powerfull.
Second issue is that during the start when engine and exhaust is cold and I am warming up I get drops of liquid from exhaust. It doesn't happen when engine and exhausts are hot.
What would your recommended changes be? Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a EJK from 6 years ago. I thought it only had 3 set points and I’m sure none of them are as rich as those you have.

I’ll check later today and post my settings. The bike runs great. It has the stage 1 air cleaner, pipes and stage 2 cams.

·
Registered
2018 Chief Dark Horse
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 6 setting points Green, Yellow, Red, GreenBlue, YellowBlue, RedBlue. My setring for first 3 is higher as the Ripper intake is very powerfull and I don't want to run lean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts