Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the hell of it I googled "Is Polaris a good stock to own". I looked at and read several of the results and to my surprise most said Polaris Industries was a good stock to buy during the pandemic. Since so many things are closed people are riding their motorcycles, atv's and other recreational vehicles. So last week I decided to buy a small amount of Polaris stock (about $2,000). Its up a little bit since last week. I guess one way of showing your faith in Indian Motorcycles longevity is to buy some stock as well as a motorcycle lol. I may buy some more soon. How about you guys. Do you have Polaris stock?

·
Bronze member
1,218 Posts
i have followed the stock every day for 5 years . It eventually recovers to @ $110 a share but frequently it bombs down to $75 , when the market takes a dip.

Reactions: GreatWhite

·
Bronze member
1,218 Posts
yep, i dont know what polaris will have to do to improvre their long term stats, buying the various paint shops a few years back was smart but with so many products , i have seen a `few indian parts listed with other vehicle parts, looks like they already seeeing what they can cross use with other vehicles. Guess the designers have fun trying to do that with components too,

·
Registered
139 Posts
We owned Polaris stock for about 3 years. Unfortunately we bought when it was at its highest of $148.00 per share. It tanked within a year and the closest it got was $132.00. I still considered myself a proud stock owner.

·
Rider
710 Posts
Ive always wanted to dip my toes in the stock market but have always been to scared because I don’t really know what I’m doing. Maybe this is a sign I should buy some Polaris stock. To bad it already climbed back up. I have the Robinhood app but have never took the plunge 😅

·
Founding member
951 Posts
Owned it for 6 years now. Took a big hit. Then jumped back this year. But been a kind of a meh for me overall. I bought Dominos Pizza stock [DPZ] at the same time. That one made me a fortune!

·
Silver member
4,518 Posts
Sure wish I had back at the height of the pandemic. It's up over 50%
Looks like there's a lot of pandemic panic ahead. Never too late to look into investing a few dollars now.

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
688 Posts
Sure wish I had back at the height of the pandemic. It's up over 50%
Not that good, i got stock that I've had for a couple years that went up in last six months up over 300% that are solid companies. I just dont own transportation stocks, to risky over time.

·
Silver member
3,586 Posts
Ive always wanted to dip my toes in the stock market but have always been to scared because I don’t really know what I’m doing.
Everyone should max out their 401k or IRA from the start of their working days until retirement. You can make it dead simple - put the money in an S&P 500 index fund and don't touch it. Your retired self will thank you. Never too late to start. DO IT tomorrow.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'd never buy a motorcycle stock when there is so much uncertainty about the global economic recovery. At the very least, people are going to be a little nervous to spend money on toys. At the worst, they won't even have the money to do so if they wanted to.

·
Rider
688 Posts
Not that good, i got stock that I've had for a couple years that went up in last six months up over 300% that are solid companies. I just dont own transportation stocks, to risky over time.
I was able to pay cash for both a scout and a chieftain classic because of my bike stock account and how they went up in value in last 4years and still have more than a few thousand left over as inway more than i started with.

·
Rider
710 Posts
Everyone should max out their 401k or IRA from the start of their working days until retirement. You can make it dead simple - put the money in an S&P 500 index fund and don't touch it. Your retired self will thank you. Never too late to start. DO IT tomorrow.
Hey thanks I’m self employed and don’t have any of that. I’m 33 and thought a “safe” investment for the next 30 years should be better then nothing on top of Social security if there’s any left lol. I’m super new to stocks but looks like those s&p 500 only went up over the past 5 years so not bad. I’m super new to this so I expect to lose a lil money at first so I’m not starting big maybe a few hundred dollars just to dip my toes in the water.

·
Rider
688 Posts
Hey thanks I’m self employed and don’t have any of that. I’m 33 and thought a “safe” investment for the next 30 years should be better then nothing on top of Social security if there’s any left lol. I’m super new to stocks but looks like those s&p 500 only went up over the past 5 years so not bad. I’m super new to this so I expect to lose a lil money at first so I’m not starting big maybe a few hundred dollars just to dip my toes in the water.
I bought stocks in companies that i know the product well and after researching them and following for a few months to watch its trends. I spread my stocks around industries, only one per. i stayed away from transportation and energy as too volatile. And bought only one retail. i've done well, only lost on one stock had many i dumped as they went nowhere or went up real fast and ten dropped, got out before i lost money. i watched "mad money" for quite a while and read a couple of his book, only show on that network i'll watch.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts