Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went on a short night ride tonight. I feel euphoric, now. It's similar to after a great workout/exercise. Now, I don't want to go to sleep; I just want to bask in the post-ride feeling. Anyone else notice/thrive on this sensation?

·
Rider
1,288 Posts
100% I thrive on it! My endorphins kick in at the anticipation of going out on the bike never mind about post-ride experiences.
I blame my late father who did all he could 42 years ago with regards to persuasion to prevent me from what he regarded as the 'extremely dangerous pursuit of being a motorcyclist,' he even offered to buy me a new car in exchange for me not paying for my own first motorbike. He thought I was both mad and stupid at flatly refusing his offer!
I consider myself very lucky that I have a hobby that satiates my desires and still continues to give me the childlike mischievous feelings it does after so many years. Sorry dad wherever you may be but it still continues and long may it do so!

Reactions: VintageJason

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,094 Posts
Regardless of the chemistry involved I do like to get out and ride. While it requires more intense awareness regarding threats & dangers it still has a very enjoyable and calming effect. It literally takes my mind off the things that bother and irritate me for a while. Good medicine in my humble opinion.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Every time I throw my leg over whatever bike I currently own...(y)

I've had breaks in and due to riding (time related and physically) over the years but motorcycling is the one sport I've come back to consistently. On life's lists of priorities, sitting right behind the Lord and family is motorcycle riding. And, if one can include all three at the same time, there ain't nuttin' better.

·
Rider
1,030 Posts
My wife and I went on a short night ride tonight. I feel euphoric, now. It's similar to after a great workout/exercise. Now, I don't want to go to sleep; I just want to bask in the post-ride feeling. Anyone else notice/thrive on this sensation?
Absolutely yes, during the entire ride and many hour after...always, I love to ride!

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
Yep, cheap mans version of cocaine and drugs.....and it's ALL legal. I get the feeling just looking at my NEW Challenger......but nothing beats the ride of that bike. Hands down, best riding Indian ever produced....to this point!!!

·
Rider
1,288 Posts
I have an HD and an Indian when I take one for a ride I want to jump on the other and ride it. I hope the feeling never stops!!
You and me both. I had a knee replaced November 14th and managed to get back on the Indian in 9 weeks 3 days. Due to the weight of the Harley and the fact I had lost a lot of core strength in the leg I was reluctant to try the 1000lb plus behemoth. As a keyworker I still get to ride with impunity and today was the first time I took the Harley out since before my operation. Endorphins were nearly off the chart.

😁

Reactions: VintageJason

·
German Rider
1,645 Posts
Have you seen the restaurant scene with Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally? That's the feeling I get when I ride.... 😜
Best describtion ever! 👍 :cool:

Cu,
Sven

1 - 20 of 35 Posts