Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a stock 116. Did stage 1 air filter and stage 2 cams. Have Freedom headers and slip ons. Did not get any kind of tuner adjustment. It runs good but not the power I would have expected.
Do I need to get an aftermarket tuner or something? Will that make a difference?

·
Bronze member
3,344 Posts
who did the work? if your dealer did he may have recalibrated it without your knowledge... both the factory filter and or cams come with the secret squirrel code for dealers to download the new tune... and it's included in the cost of said items..

·
Rider
548 Posts
The dealer should have loaded the issued factory tune. If it’s running fine, they probably did. If you want the most out of the bike, the I’d call FuelMoto and get one of their PCV3 tuners and use one of their tunes, those make a difference IMO. I’ve got the 111 with stage 1 and 2. The PCV3 tune provided that little “extra” push I was looking for as the factory tune was a bit anemic IMO....I road a 116 a while back and didn’t feel it was that much different that the 111 with stage 1 and 2, but it was a stock factory 116 which others have posted saying the 116 is just a little more than my 111 setup. Would think stage 2 on a 116 would be a nice bump like it is on the stock 111 but no first hand experience with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts