Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea why they put chromed mirrors on the scout sixty. I am looking to replace them with black mirrors. Wandering if the dark horse mirrors would fit? If so does anyone have a set for sale. Also, any other opinions on black mirrors would be appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm not positive, but they must be a similar size for these bikes. Get that part # and call the parts department at Indian. I'm hoping it fits.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have no idea why they put chromed mirrors on the scout sixty. I am looking to replace them with black mirrors. Wandering if the dark horse mirrors would fit? If so does anyone have a set for sale. Also, any other opinions on black mirrors would be appreciated.
I also questioned my dealer and he said ,just get em powder coated. Like I have one in my barn, geez I haven't a clue who even does that. Oh well ... Drive safe..

·
Registered
406 Posts
I fit a set of the pinnacles on my scout...so it makes sense that these would fit the Scout...and if not, you can always return them. You cannot powder coat them...the mirror would not stand the heat of the ovens...i plasti-dipped my chrome pinnacles....cheap black fix and still look good; 5 months, 800 miles.
IMG_20151118_103036.jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
I fit a set of the pinnacles on my scout...so it makes sense that these would fit the Scout...and if not, you can always return them. You cannot powder coat them...the mirror would not stand the heat of the ovens...i plasti-dipped my chrome pinnacles....cheap black fix and still look good; 5 months, 800 miles. View attachment 43707 .
Hey thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about the mirror part! Question, and how would one plastic dip or coat them. Is this a specialized area ? Oh and they look really good..

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I fit a set of the pinnacles on my scout...so it makes sense that these would fit the Scout...and if not, you can always return them. You cannot powder coat them...the mirror would not stand the heat of the ovens...i plasti-dipped my chrome pinnacles....cheap black fix and still look good; 5 months, 800 miles. View attachment 43707 .
That looks as good as any powder coat! Very cool tip!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about the mirror part! Question, and how would one plastic dip or coat them. Is this a specialized area ? Oh and they look really good..
Its a spray can paint solution. Available at Walmart or any homedepot/Lowes...follow the instructions on the can. Simple.

Beamed magically via my personal satellite overhead....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes DH mirrors fit a scout. Need to order mirrors and jam nuts. The vertical section is exactly the same as scout mirrors and the horizontal section is about an inch longer so you get a bit better vision too. I looked all over and could not find a set of black mirrors I liked more than the stock. Yeah they weren't cheap but it's what I wanted and I only plan on buying one set of mirrors anyways.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes DH mirrors fit a scout. Need to order mirrors and jam nuts. The vertical section is exactly the same as scout mirrors and the horizontal section is about an inch longer so you get a bit better vision too. I looked all over and could not find a set of black mirrors I liked more than the stock. Yeah they weren't cheap but it's what I wanted and I only plan on buying one set of mirrors anyways.
View attachment 46598 View attachment 46599 View attachment 46600
Mgen, thanks for the tip on the DH mirrors. Since you've put them on have u had any problems with loosening out of position like the Scout mirrors seem to do? Do u think they're better made than the OEM Scout mirrors? Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mgen, thanks for the tip on the DH mirrors. Since you've put them on have u had any problems with loosening out of position like the Scout mirrors seem to do? Do u think they're better made than the OEM Scout mirrors? Thanks
@jerrman , I have had zero issues with the DH mirrors wandering. That said I did not with the chrome scout mirrors either but only had those a couple months. I would say the quality is on par but I like the appearance far better. If you want chrome mirrors I have my oem ones sitting in a box now. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
@jerrman , I have had zero issues with the DH mirrors wandering. That said I did not with the chrome scout mirrors either but only had those a couple months. I would say the quality is on par but I like the appearance far better. If you want chrome mirrors I have my oem ones sitting in a box now. :)
Thanks for the reply. I never had the problem either until about 6500 miles. I like that you said the horizontal stem is a bit wider on the DK mirrors, in addition to being matte black. So, I may just do what you did. I may also add the Suzuki vertical extension mentioned earlier in this thread which reduces or eliminates vibration.

Thanks, again.

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
My Dark Horse mirrors came in today. Going to install them tomorrow morning. Need to find a wrench.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I was looking at Scout mirrors yesterday, same thing ... wondering if there were any black ones to go on my Sixty. It looked to me as though all the Indian mirrors were identical apart from some being black and the rest being chrome.

then I looked at Victory mirrors, same again, the mirrors on all the Victory's I looked at were identical, all black too. The Victory shape is different from the Indian shape, but the stems looked very similar. Some time I'll check out the prices Victory vs Indian. I actually prefer the Victory shape, not quite so stylised ... what you'd expect really.

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
Just to say, yes, Darkhorse mirrors do fit on the scout because I have a pair on my mine right now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts