Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG... I was told by my 14 and 15 year old that I need to "divorce the scout"! Since I got my scout... I'm shucking my duties! I sneak out to ride...I'm not making my bed, leaving my dishes, not up on laundry...and apparently starving my children... Ok these allegations may be partly true...Hahaha. If I'm not on this damn site, I'm riding! Rotten kids ;) my new user name will be.. NoChoreNat25

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Rotten kids ;) my new user name will be.. NoChoreNat25
Love the new name..... I have always said, the most welcome time in a parents life is when the kids can make themseves a sandwich and go to the bathroom without assistance.
Ride on Nattie!!!

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
OMG... I was told by my 14 and 15 year old that I need to "divorce the scout"! Since I got my scout... I'm shucking my duties! I sneak out to ride...I'm not making my bed, leaving my dishes, not up on laundry...and apparently starving my children... Ok these allegations may be partly true...Hahaha. If I'm not on this damn site, I'm riding! Rotten kids ;) my new user name will be.. NoChoreNat25
14 or 15 seems like the age that my kids started looking at me as something more than just a dad.
It was a motorcycle that drove it home for them too.
Brings a smile, thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know what you mean, my wife says I'm cheating on her by riding the Scout too much. I bought it so she can ride it, but I never get off it so she can ride it. She always goes with me when we ride so I have to take the Ultra when we go out. Not nearly as much fun. She says she's going to buy her own Scout but we don't have the room for it. Good thing winter's coming and things will grind to a halt. No more jealous arguments, until spring.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what you mean, my wife says I'm cheating on her by riding the Scout too much. I bought it so she can ride it, but I never get off it so she can ride it. She always goes with me when we ride so I have to take the Ultra when we go out. Not nearly as much fun. She says she's going to buy her own Scout but we don't have the room for it. Good thing winter's coming and things will grind to a halt. No more jealous arguments, until spring.
That's funny, my hubby says if he wasn't 6'4 he's love to take it too!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,895 Posts
I'm 6'4 ... wouldn't be my main squeeze, but .. I rode one a few months... hide the keys if I'm ever around

·
Registered
24 Posts
Part of riding is to get away from it all. Enjoying life without a care...then home back to the grind:(

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I can relate. I used to get a lot more work done around the house before the Indian. All my other bikes were good but this sucker just calls you to ride!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Scout just screams, ride me!!!!!! One time I went to Smiths to get butter and OJ, but it was such a beautiful day here in LasVegas, that I rode to the Hoover Dam and back for a nice morning/afternoon ride and lunch. Good thing my backpack was waterproof because the butter was melted and the heat from the scout turned my OJ into pruno. lol

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Love the new name..... I have always said, the most welcome time in a parents life is when the kids can make themseves a sandwich and go to the bathroom without assistance.
Ride on Nattie!!!
The most welcome time for parents is when the kids finish their studies, get a job and move to their own place...Before this, they'd always find a good reason to make their parents feel guilty if their parents don't invest 100% of their time in them :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife accuses me of sleeping in the garage. How did she know??

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
14-15 Years Olds Remember too well .. Although my Grandkids are all past that now .. Told my Son at 15 Between the 2 of us we know everything in the world .. He said How's That? Just Said .. You Know Everything Except You are Full of Shit and I know that quite well so between the two of us we Know Everything ..

·
Registered
760 Posts
I really miss my Scout. I haven't had an opportunity to ride it since I sent it to Alabama for parts development last March. :( Daryl said we'll be ready to transport it to Tucson, AZ for fenders and exhaust in December.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
They should be cook and cleaning and doing laundry for you.

·
Banned
1,051 Posts
Sound to me you have a life outside your family constraints, stay safe and always use protection.. rider protection..

Just joined the forum and am super excited to read how super excited you all are about your Scouts. I thought I was unique . . . ha!
Once you set it up to your riding style, it's even better..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts