Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow owners,
Did anyone ever deal with customer service and get past level 2 ? Its like they want to keep it a big secret and not help anyone. I had dealt with Colt who wouldn't give me his last name or his supervisor. I'm trying to get my referral code to work. I was told in order to reset code it will cost 1 1/2 hr labor. and this would wipe out all my rewards if any due( $500). At this point I had asked for a job at over $300 hr this would be a great one to have. My question to fellow Indian owners is How do you get in touch with Polaris Industries higher management? There has to be someone who actually can make sense of this.. So far Cost Indian $0 cost consumer $500 I had given them 2 referrals in which they couldn't use my code..
THX
Anthony

·
Founding member
1,266 Posts
Your question/statement doesn't make any sense to me... Do you have a referral code you're trying to use, that is supposed to be worth $500? And the code isn't working, so you are trying to get in contact with someone at Polaris to fix that issue? But they are trying to tell you that it will take them 1.5 hours in labor to fix the code and that will cost you $300? Which would leave you with only $200 left of the code $$$'s????? I think you should try a bit harder to more clearly explain your situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your question/statement doesn't make any sense to me... Do you have a referral code you're trying to use, that is supposed to be worth $500? And the code isn't working, so you are trying to get in contact with someone at Polaris to fix that issue? But they are trying to tell you that it will take them 1.5 hours in labor to fix the code and that will cost you $300? Which would leave you with only $200 left of the code $$$'s????? I think you should try a bit harder to more clearly explain your situation.
Yes each referral code is worth $250 you are only allowed to use 2 I have gave the code to two different people either of them were able to push code through it had said invalid code so I attempted to reset the code by calling Indian motorcycles customer care and I had gotten nowhere I was told the amount that I would get back on Rewards essentially would wipe out what it cost to reset the code this was at level 2 customer service when I ask for the individuals name Colt would not give me his last name or his immediate supervisor so basically the buck stops there which I find hard to believe this is why I was trying to see who is higher up the totem pole that could actually help me now do you understand

·
Silver member
5,274 Posts
I am a bit confused too. Colt is a Indian customers service guy. Or Colt is an employee at a dealer? And are you using your original referral number or something some one sent you via facebook or whatever?

I did this the first time Indian offered it. At that time, the customer buying the new bike got 250.00. And I got 500.00 for referring him. Everything worked like butter. 5-6 weeks later I got my 500.00 gift card and my friend got his 250.00 gift card about the same time. Everything worked fine. The only catch was I could not use the 500.00 gift card directly on Indian's website rather I had to use the card at an authorized Indian dealer, which actually made sense since if forced me to go into an Indian store and support a local franchised dealer. I actually liked that.

I bought a solo saddle rail, war bonnet floor boards, and a nice plaid Indian shirt. Since I spent it all at once my dealer gave me another 10% off the purchase. Sweet deal...

I have never heard of resetting a referral code. Or anyone ever in any business charging a fee for customer service on a corporate level. And why reset it. Wouldn't they just send you a new referral code? BTW, it was never a "rewards" type program. It was a simple gift card...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a bit confused too. Colt is a Indian customers service guy. Or Colt is an employee at a dealer? And are you using your original referral number or something some one sent you via facebook or whatever?

I did this the first time Indian offered it. At that time, the customer buying the new bike got 250.00. And I got 500.00 for referring him. Everything worked like butter. 5-6 weeks later I got my 500.00 gift card and my friend got his 250.00 gift card about the same time. Everything worked fine. The only catch was I could not use the 500.00 gift card directly on Indian's website rather I had to use the card at an authorized Indian dealer, which actually made sense since if forced me to go into an Indian store and support a local franchised dealer. I actually liked that.

I bought a solo saddle rail, war bonnet floor boards, and a nice plaid Indian shirt. Since I spent it all at once my dealer gave me another 10% off the purchase. Sweet deal...

I have never heard of resetting a referral code. Or anyone ever in any business charging a fee for customer service on a corporate level. And why reset it. Wouldn't they just send you a new referral code? BTW, it was never a "rewards" type program. It was a simple gift card...
Thanks for info..Colt is IMG customer care level 2 representive.They can't reset code because they say its from an outside company and there is a fee to have someone look up code and reset it.Now the option of getting a new one they just can't do because it is associated with my vin# and they can't change code.Bottom line it cost Indian $0 and customer $500 at this point.I was going to drop $2000 on speakers and lids on my challenger now I wouldn't give em the right time of day!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts