Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedometer Auto part Measuring instrument Gauge Meter

This digital gas gauge on display comes and goes not sure why and how if i could leave it on how would one go about it?
2016 Springfield

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
You should be able to cycle through 6 or so different layouts with your left hand trigger. Not sure what model you have though.

Reactions: Grafton

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's pretty cool Grafton. If you can get that figured out let us know Dude. I have not seen that on my 16 Springfield but would like to have it up. Thanks

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I believe that indicator means that your cruise control is enabled. Try pushing your cruise on/off switch and see if it comes on and goes out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok so got the bars to show. Found that if you remove the fuel gauge, the fuel bars automatically show up permanently on top as in the posted picture from Grafton. Paid $5 to get a black Indian logo cap to replace the fuel gauge. I like the bars vs the gauge myself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so got the bars to show. Found that if you remove the fuel gauge, the fuel bars automatically show up permanently on top as in the posted picture from Grafton. Paid $5 to get a black Indian logo cap to replace the fuel gauge. I like the bars vs the gauge myself.
awesome! good to know :D i realized it only came on when i had a faulty fuel gauge which is pretty good back up if your fuel gague was to malfunction [pompus]

·
Registered
29 Posts
i asked about that but was told it was either one or the other which is why as we see that grafton had a faulty gauge presenting the backup display. Not the best pic but gets the point across of what the cap looks like I was speaking of that replaced the fuel gauge.
Speedometer Gauge Measuring instrument Meter Tachometer

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
i asked about that but was told it was either one or the other which is why as we see that grafton had a faulty gauge presenting the backup display. Not the best pic but gets the point across of what the cap looks like I was speaking of that replaced the fuel gauge.
View attachment 107713

How many wires are on the connector that goes to the gauge? I'm wondering if maybe there is a way to fool the system into Turing on the LCD gauge and keeping the analog too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I couldn't tell you. Being under warranty and all, I just paid the $5 to have them do it when I took it in for the 5K oil change. I'm sure there is a post somewhere or manual that will give an idea about the wiring. I'm not technically inclined on things like this so would worry that meddling with the wires to trick it may create an issue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I seems it would be harder to see how much gas was in the tank with the readout as opposed to the gauge. I can just see some of you squinting at the readout while you are going down the road at 70 mph trying to see how many bars are left. And who thinks that black blank where the gauge was looks better?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've always found odometers work better than gas gauges on motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I did the reverse and added a gauge to my Dark Horse because it's easier to see in all conditions and I hated that plastic plug where the gauge belongs.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
I've always found odometers work better than gas gauges on motorcycles.
As long as you ride in the same conditions all the time. Lots of factors affect mileage: speed, wind, terrain, load on bike. My mileage on my Dark Horse can vary from 30 mpg to 46 mpg.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts