Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went stage one on my 19 Roadmaster. The Indian stage one was lackluster. Next stop was Dynojet. Interestingly when you just look at tunes on their website they specifically have one for a stage one setup. Once I got everything logged and uploaded they reduced my choices to only three canned tunas. Closest one to my set up was Reinhardts and a lloyd’z cleaner. Oh well. I guess it’s better than the stock tune.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Did you buy the dynojet from Fuelmoto?

They have a guy, @CraigB1960 , there that works only custom indian tunes. And he is awesome at it.

If you didn't buy it there then I dont know what you can do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you buy the dynojet from Fuelmoto?

They have a guy, @CraigB1960 , there that works only custom indian tunes. And he is awesome at it.

If you didn't buy it there then I dont know what you can do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I did buy it there, but this is a second bike. So an additional license on the pv3.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So I went stage one on my 19 Roadmaster. The Indian stage one was lackluster. Next stop was Dynojet. Interestingly when you just look at tunes on their website they specifically have one for a stage one setup. Once I got everything logged and uploaded they reduced my choices to only three canned tunas. Closest one to my set up was Reinhardts and a lloyd’z cleaner. Oh well. I guess it’s better than the stock tune.
That's pretty much what I tell everyone that asks about a tune. It's minimal at best.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty much what I tell everyone that asks about a tune. It's minimal at best.
meaning the options available or what the tune actually does?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Send Craig a message his stage 1 tune is very nice. I ran that until I had my stage 2 cams put in and now I run one of his tunes for that set up. Very smooth running bike.
Will do.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
The options being narrowed will probably change before too long. When they do the gear sensor recall they have to flash the VCM but some people found they also flashed their ECM. I think Digital Wrench checks the bike and updates it if the computer says there is something out of date.

When they do that the checksum of the bike and therefore the tune changes. This meant that some people had to have their FM tunes updated to match that new checksum.

My guess about not seeing a Stage 1 tune there is that your checksum doesn't match the Stage 1 tune you saw in your first look over their range. If you were to ask FM about it they would probably be able to point you in the right direction.

The other option is to ask CraigB about getting what you need. He has lots of tunes for just about anything.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The options being narrowed will probably change before too long. When they do the gear sensor recall they have to flash the VCM but some people found they also flashed their ECM. I think Digital Wrench checks the bike and updates it if the computer says there is something out of date.

When they do that the checksum of the bike and therefore the tune changes. This meant that some people had to have their FM tunes updated to match that new checksum.

My guess about not seeing a Stage 1 tune there is that your checksum doesn't match the Stage 1 tune you saw in your first look over their range. If you were to ask FM about it they would probably be able to point you in the right direction.

The other option is to ask CraigB about getting what you need. He has lots of tunes for just about anything.
wow now that’s a brilliant explanation. Even more dead on since I just had the gear indicator recall done. It’s interesting that Dynojet wasn’t able to articulate that. I wrote Craig.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Craig wrote back. He said that all air cleaners a pipes are about the same once you replace the stockers. His advice was to just run the tune I had for Reinhardts and lloyd’z and I’d be good to go. So I’m officially no longer sweating it.

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
Wonce yur bike's been on the tuna sum, give up a ride report..?

Reactions: Cameroni79

·
Bronze member
3,943 Posts
Keep in mind all the canned tunes from Dynojet, Fuel Moto, etc. Keep the closed loop lean 14.7.1 AF ratio as the factory. 70% or more of your riding is in this area. Timing and throttle response is changed but he bike is still for the most part factory lean. In open loop which is much higher loads, hard acceleration and top end power is where the tunes are much different. Lloydz and others I am not familiar with.

Noiw I know guys who have had the closed loop region changed to a richer open loop and it made a huge difference in 2 ways, the bike had much more torque and powewr in that range, and sucked fuel down like crazy. Talking 25 - 30 MPG

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I really prefer fresh tuna over the canned tuna....
Agreed, but even when you can’t get exactly what you want, you can still make a sandwich.

Reactions: Indianster

·
Silver member
4,630 Posts
So Craig wrote back. He said that all air cleaners a pipes are about the same once you replace the stockers. His advice was to just run the tune I had for Reinhardts and lloyd’z and I’d be good to go. So I’m officially no longer sweating it.
I did say that. What you did not say is you purchased your PV3 from Fuelmoto. I have two other tunes you should try out on your bike. Go to their website and fill out a Map Request form. I will send them out to you.

Each tuner does it differently, so even through there is not much difference between AC and Slip-ons...especially at WOT dyno pulls, what is different is how we get there. I concentrate on how well the bike behaves. After all, we are at WOT but just a few times, we drive 98% in the idle through cruise area. That is the area that needs a lot of attention to.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did say that. What you did not say is you purchased your PV3 from Fuelmoto. I have two other tunes you should try out on your bike. Go to their website and fill out a Map Request form. I will send them out to you.

Each tuner does it differently, so even through there is not much difference between AC and Slip-ons...especially at WOT dyno pulls, what is different is how we get there. I concentrate on how well the bike behaves. After all, we are at WOT but just a few times, we drive 98% in the idle through cruise area. That is the area that needs a lot of attention to.
Okay! Cool man I’ll do that. I appreciate the help, and for the record I was perfectly satisfied with your original answer.

Reactions: CraigB1960
1 - 20 of 25 Posts