Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, long time lurker of the forum here. I've been dirt riding for a few years but only started riding pavement back in May, developing a bit of an obsession over the Indian Scout shortly after. I've been saving up for one since and should reach my target early next year, I was going to wait until then to start posting but it has been too difficult to keep quiet. The more I read through the boards the more excited I've become, especially after discovering the fun people have been having with the PVCX and other aftermarket experiments. My father and I are flying out to Nevada early December to ride a couple of rented Scout 69s to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley over the course of a few days. It'll be an extended test ride to determine whether or not we're certain about buying them next year.

My current wheels (20,000 km on the poor thing in the last 5 months):

While I do absolutely love dual-sport and off-road riding (hard not to when you live right in the middle of a dirt riding paradise) I'm equally as excited about joining the world of stripped down cruisers. I've grown up around Harleys, my father has been building and chopping hardtails since he was a teenager, and I love riding them, but the Scout really sticks out to me as the perfect blend of how I want a bike to perform and how I want it to look, I'm more excited to bring one home than I can put into words.

Looking forward to participating in the forum more often when that day comes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Just picked up my Scout last week. As somebody making the opposite transition, from a big touring bike down to a Scout, I can honestly say this is the most fun I've had on two wheels in a long time. I think you'll love it.

·
Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum

Beautiful Views you have - very lucky :D

Takes me 3-4 hours to get to Jasper :(
Lucky for sure, but hey, I'd trade you just about any equally sized chunk of BC for Drumheller, visited for the first time back in August and was blown away, definitely planning on returning next summer on the Scout for a ride through the hoodoos.

·
Bronze member
1,154 Posts
If you do, not sure if you have been to the Tyrell Museum - World Class! , the Star Trek Museum in Vulcan is also that area.. and pretty popular, book ahead to make sure someone is there and it is open.
What part of BC are you in?

·
Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you do, not sure if you have been to the Tyrell Museum - World Class! , the Star Trek Museum in Vulcan is also that area.. and pretty popular, book ahead to make sure someone is there and it is open.
What part of BC are you in?
I was on a road trip with many more destinations along the way so my time in Drumheller was limited to a stop at Hoodoos Trail along the highway for a short hike and a bit of a break from driving, a chance to take in a great example of the unique landscape before continuing on. I've been told several times that I missed out on the Tyrell Museum, I won't make that mistake again next year.

Born and raised in Chilliwack, spent a couple of years in Surrey for schooling, currently living on the southern edge of Chilliwack in a rural community called Greendale. I've got a lot of family in Lethbridge so I road trip out to Alberta annually.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Welcome to the addiction......I mean forum. The addiction will be clear after you ride the Scout!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts