Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding a 2019 Bobber the manual doesn't mention whether or not to insert the dipstick and turn it or not when checking the oil level after a change. What are you guys doing? Dipstick all the way in or no? (Someone better not reply that they are only turning the dipstick halfway lol)
@RACNRAY

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Page 42 on my manual for the 2018 shows the steps for checking the oil. It states to thread the dipstick until fully seated. I'm guessing the steps will be the same for the 2019.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Page 42 on my manual for the 2018 shows the steps for checking the oil. It states to thread the dipstick until fully seated. I'm guessing the steps will be the same for the 2019.

Thanks for checking. Reading my manual again it says:
  • Remove the dipstick. Using a funnel, add 3-4 qts. (2.8-3.8 L) of the recommended oil. Reinstall the dipstick securely.
So I suppose I can assume that "firmly" means to screw the dipstick all the way in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check page 42 of your manual, the two pages you posted look the same as those two pages of mine so I'm guessing the manual is the same.. The steps you are looking at are for changing the oil, page 42 is the steps for checking the oil. It also notes to start the engine from cold and let it run for 30 seconds before checking.

·
Bronze member
1,387 Posts
Whatever you do, DO NOT start the engine until making sure the dipstick is in it's proper place and not just set into the hole.
Splattering fountain of oil! :eek::oops:;)

·
Bronze member
1,387 Posts
Don't ask how he knows that.
Oh sure, you may ask. It's an elaborate tale, ending in ruined pants and oily exhaust pipes. Luckily not a burnt leg though, only hot! And oily too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts