Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Cheapest is: Stop looking at it.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
571 Posts
Find your paint code and buy the Indian paint stick, like 15 bucks and black should be easy to find. Trust me the only person that will ever notice it is you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You have that sticker on the bars and you are worried about that ding?

Kidding, sort of.

Black sharpie has worked for me in the past. Also, modeling paint.

·
Registered
2018 Chieftain Limited. Hold my beer! I saw this in a cartoon....n
158 Posts
As soon as I saw the picture, I completely focused on that massive gouge in the paint. It'll be noticeable for anyone to see it from miles around.
I wouldn't waste my time with sharpies and touch up paint, just order a new bag and be done with it.

·
Bronze member
2,916 Posts
If you can’t get matching IM paint, go to a craft store & buy a small bottle of Testors model paint.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
When I use to 4-Wheel off road with my 4x4 truck, we called rock chips, scratches, dings and dents our badges of honor... but that becuase we were riding off road. :cool:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,752 Posts
Touchup Direct sells paint pens to match Indian paint. Used them on a two tone 2015 Chieftain I had. Very easy to use and the colors were a perfect match.

·
632 Posts
I had a similar rock chip on the faring. After two riding seasons I decided to take the faring to a paint shop and get it repaired….not cheap. Based on the location, I didn’t feel comfortable taking a cheaper route. Didn’t want to make a bad situation worse.

·
Silver member
5,191 Posts
Willy, you still farkin' kill me!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
@HyeHog ... Worst thing about it was/is, I was a bit over 1/2 serious LOL. I often ride with the bags off my Vintage. Remove the bags and there's those fugly discolored OEM stick on shields on the rear fender. I took them off and was thinking about replacing them with the stick on bullet holes, but not sure how durable they are. So I ended up buying some clear 3M material and replacing them with that. Boring but functional...

End of hijack...

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
571 Posts
Ordered Thunder Black touch up paint from my dealer 50 bucks and month and a half to get
Wow! I bought a steel grey paint stick last year and I'm sure (though not certain) it was half that cost. But nonetheless you have it coming. My only advice is shake the shit out of it before using it and test it on something first. When I tested mine it didn't match until I really gave it a long shake to mix it up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts